This would be better right?

This would be better than my XFX-R9-290X RIGHT? SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 Fury 100379NTOC+SR 4GB 4096-Bit HBM TRI-X OC+ (UEFI) Video Card

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186

Yes, the Fury is way better.

1 Like

Them prices are dropping fast hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm yeah should be only because of HBM … but then again … name of the card is more cosmetic in nature (by marketing name you have feeling, that Sapphire is selling nuclear reactor powered GPU) … So first check specifications, try to compare few other top end GPUs … and I recommend more research on google :slight_smile: before pulling trigger xD … would be nice to see actual benchmarks, and how this GPU preform in commonly played games …

1 Like

Thanks all, I have to get this 290x to my friend that bought it soon so I am thinking of buying me the Fury to hold me off until I can get a Titan. Oh what would be the comparable Nvidia?

Sir_diealot what resolution are you going to play at? Buying a Titan just to say you have a Titan isn’t sound financially.

3 Likes

Sir_diealot said in This would be better right?:

Thanks all, I have to get this 290x to my friend that bought it soon so I am thinking of buying me the Fury to hold me off until I can get a Titan. Oh what would be the comparable Nvidia?

The Fury is similar performance as GTX 980, which puts it somewhere in the ballpark of between the GTX 1060 & GTX 1070.

So the GTX 1080 & obviously the 1080Ti (when it releases) will be better than the Fury. As well as the new Pascal Titan X.

As Spinalfailed says the cost for the Titan XP & likely price for the 1080Ti only make sense for bragging rights, depending on what monitor you’re using (i.e. high resolution & refresh rates).

2 Likes

Sgt_T8ie eh I mean the fury beats the 1070 at 4k so it all depends.

1 Like

Might want to google diff between fury and fury x before buying. I know Fury X is better, but I forget by how much.

1 Like

Who needs this when you can buy yourself a pretty R7 370 as mine and play all games at solid 29 fps!

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo Probably my issue is that I’m forgetting that, despite the better chip, the Nano < Fury Air, due to the thermal throttling of the Nano. All of my evidence is based on personal experience with the Nano vs GTX980 vs GTX1060 vs RX480. For someone with a career in science I pretty much made a horrid blanket statement.

But I’ve seen reports that the 1070 at 4K just beat out the Fury & just lost to the Fury X. If you have different impressions it shows that the cards are pretty much equal. Though neither card are really viable at 4K as single cards?

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie ah I have the X so I’m probably thinking of that

2 Likes

Spinalfailed said in This would be better right?:

Sir_diealot what resolution are you going to play at? Buying a Titan just to say you have a Titan isn’t sound financially.

Currently my monitor is a DELL E207WFP and it is only capable of 1680x1050 but I want to try to do 4k or at least something at 144hrz. and higher resolution so I need to get the one before I get the other.

Sgt_T8ie said in This would be better right?:

Sir_diealot said in This would be better right?:

The Fury is similar performance as GTX 980, which puts it somewhere in the ballpark of between the GTX 1060 & GTX 1070.

So the GTX 1080 & obviously the 1080Ti (when it releases) will be better than the Fury. As well as the new Pascal Titan X.

As Spinalfailed says the cost for the Titan XP & likely price for the 1080Ti only make sense for bragging rights, depending on what monitor you’re using (i.e. high resolution & refresh rates).

This is the monitor I have been looking at getting, but it has been out a while and there may be better choices by the time I have the money up for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53o28XBFVIw

gord0 said in This would be better right?:

Might want to google diff between fury and fury x before buying. I know Fury X is better, but I forget by how much.

Thanks