Ubisoft tutorial: "How to milk money"

Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection. Haven’t played Assassin’s Creed at all but I don’t think it’s even worth paying $60 for the collection.

Those 3 were the best of the franchise. And a hell of a lot of fun to play. I think they’re worth 60 for the set of 3.

Only0neKnight Final Fantasy games are fun as well and probably have more stuff to do than the ezio trilogy. And yet, each game is barely $13. So, is that trilogy REALLY worth that much money? If the trilogy was like, $30 or 40, I wouldn’t say a thing. 60? No thanks.

But they’re released just for ps4 & xb1 so price is about right for a console release. Gives nothing extra over the pc versions as we already can play in HD.

Sgt_T8ie said in Ubisoft tutorial: "How to milk money":

But they’re released just for ps4 & xb1 so price is about right for a console release. Gives nothing extra over the pc versions as we already can play in HD.

Lul I just noticed that the trilogy is for consoles. Hihihi now I’m glad they put the $60 price tag because these peasants deserve that price tag. #PCmasterrace

1 Like

It’s sort of the same thing capcom does really. They all milk money.

1 Like

Also, they are 20 bucks each anyway on pc so 60 for all 3 is kind of…normal?

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Now you are working for Ubisoft? It’s not normalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Katsuo Wait until every Ubisoft & EA title for the XBox One and PS4 gets a paid DLC for the extra textures to allow gaming at 4K.

Then you’ll see the death of either consoles, EA & Ubi or what little common sense remains in the gaming consumership. My guess is the latter.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie I would be perfectly fine with the death of consoles. They’ve gotten completely out of control with the “updates” and “upgrades”. If the paid DLCs for 4k gaming happens, I’ll gladly support it just so the console gaming dies, rots and crumbles like it never existed before. I’m kinda getting tired of the stupid console ports on PC and the framerate locks and downgrades and everything that’s not supposed to happen with PC gaming.
My guess is, if console gaming is brought to the minimum, we’ll see games in better quality and quantity. We won’t see downgrades, we won’t see framerate locks, we won’t see aim assist nonsense, we will actually have a challenging and fun experience and the games will be overall cheaper and even we, the poor souls from crumbled countries will be able to buy a freaking game on launch day.
So either the console gaming dies or the devs start to make games that are exclusively for consoles or exclusively for PC. If Call of Duty is made for console, release it only on console and not for the PC. If Mass Effect is made for PC, release it for the PC only and not the console. Stupid greediness is just stupid.

2 Likes

Katsuo I dunno, a lot of indie devs get their start because console companies take a risk and help get their stuff out there. For example, Bastion. It’s not allllll bad. Also, devs who make PC exclusives also want to make money. Also, plenty of PC exclusives are terribly optimized and broken (dead by daylight).

1 Like

I’m not against the consoles, but I agree with Katsuo, devs should make games either for PC or consoles. I just hate money grabbing. rushed out of the windows, broken console ports for PC.

Zmajuga said in Ubisoft tutorial: "How to milk money":

I’m not against the consoles, but I agree with Katsuo, devs should make games either for PC or consoles. I just hate money grabbing. rushed out of the windows, broken console ports for PC.

I guess my point is there would still be broken games on any platform. They rush because of project timelines and investor expectations. Heck even our expectations. Look at how many people flip out when a game is delayed.

ShiftySatchmo I would also remove the Early Access thing on Steam. If you have a game and want to make money from it, then finish the game and make it playable and everyone will buy it. Also, I’m pretty sure the devs will make money if they focus their games on one platform. The difference is that they don’t want to make only $500 million. They want more. And greediness is what is going to kill gaming industry one day.
Sony, MS and Nintendo should make something like Valve’s Greenlight thing for the indie devs. If the developers want to show the game, then make a service like Greenlight and see if the people would buy the game or not. I could talk about this the whole day. It’s just that tons of games that are being released on multiple platforms are they are getting more broken and more crappy.

1 Like

Katsuo said in Ubisoft tutorial: "How to milk money":

ShiftySatchmo I would also remove the Early Access thing on Steam. If you have a game and want to make money from it, then finish the game and make it playable and everyone will buy it. Also, I’m pretty sure the devs will make money if they focus their games on one platform. The difference is that they don’t want to make only $500 million. They want more. And greediness is what is going to kill gaming industry one day.
Sony, MS and Nintendo should make something like Valve’s Greenlight thing for the indie devs. If the developers want to show the game, then make a service like Greenlight and see if the people would buy the game or not. I could talk about this the whole day. It’s just that tons of games that are being released on multiple platforms are they are getting more broken and more crappy.

Dead by daylight isn’t in early access anymore and is broken. It probably would be worse without early access haha. There are plenty of games that are multiplatform and run great. That story doesn’t get as many clicks though.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Ubisoft tutorial: "How to milk money":

I guess my point is there would still be broken games on any platform. They rush because of project timelines and investor expectations. Heck even our expectations. Look at how many people flip out when a game is delayed.

Of course there will be broken games. But there won’t be games that are broken to the point that you can’t even run it normally.
Also, the developers should stop listening to gamers because gamers are just a bunch of whiny kids and that’s all. It’s enough just to see the Call of Duty IW trailer, the comments and dislikes, and you’ll get the idea how gamers mature are.

1 Like

Regarding no console games on PC is the main reason why I respect Nintendo. No Nintendo games on PC. Period.

Also I agree with you on removing Early Access from Steam. It has become money grabbing platform for unfinished games.
If someone want’s to present their “supposed to become” game, go to Kickstarter, Indiegogo or whatever crowdfunding site and present the project. There are some great games on the market that were funded through Kickstarter.

1 Like

Regarding no console games on PC is the main reason why I respect Nintendo. No Nintendo games on PC. Period.

Also I agree with you on removing Early Access from Steam. It has become money grabbing platform for unfinished games.
If someone want’s to present their “supposed to become” game, go to Kickstarter, Indiegogo or whatever crowdfunding site and present the project. There are some great games on the market that were funded through Kickstarter.

Sony does the same thing as Nintendo. Microsoft doesn’t because they own both Windows and XB1 so they want people using both platforms. All three of them have multi platform games.

I agree that console exclusives are good because they fuel competition and give you a reason to buy a console. There are lots of PC gamers out there though who get sad when they see a game like bloodborne or uncharted and can’t play it without buying another system though.

1 Like

Anyhoo, most of these issues boil down to bad processes and bad project management. Lots of games out there, like bioshock infinite, run great on both pc and console.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Ubisoft tutorial: "How to milk money":

Anyhoo, most of these issues boil down to bad processes and bad project management. Lots of games out there, like bioshock infinite, run great on both pc and console.

That’s true but there are also tons of games that work like a boiled potato on both PC and console. I just wish everyone make their games for PC and that consoles don’t exist at all. Bloodborne 1440p60fps, Uncharted 1440p60fps and so on. It would be beautiful. Dreamsssssss

1 Like