unluckiest person with computers

I have decided I am the unluckiest person when it comes to buying PC parts. Either when I build a new PC, or a short period down in the PC’s life, something goes wrong. It has been my Fury X for the past year and a half. When I got it, it had horrible coil whine, the replacement had coil whine, then I was good. From there, the Fury X died, the replacement had coil whine, and the new one does (but I gave up).

I just upgraded to Ryzen since I love upgrades. I started hitting random game crashes, blue screens, and other annoyances. It ended up being my memory that was bad. I RMA’d it and got the new set, no issues (yet)…

if you got coil whine, just use a loud case fan :smirk:

MeFFFlenn said in unluckiest person with computers:

if you got coil whine, just use a loud case fan :smirk:

Haha, I tried to make my PC as quiet as possible. I have a big front case fan (that I may replace with a quieter one…), a closed loop all in one for my CPU (with replaced fans for quiet) and the Fury X (which has the closed loop block).

Or maybe you need a more silent PC chassis XD
I heard everything with my old chassis, now with a dampened Chassis i hear nothing. And i am sitting right next to it.
But instead of a closed loop, i use a massive Tower cooler… much quieter :wink:

1 Like

Well, that doesn’t sound very nice at all, but I’m sure we’ve all had our experiences.

They sure don’t make em like they use to :wink:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn said in unluckiest person with computers:

Or maybe you need a more silent PC chassis XD
I heard everything with my old chassis, now with a dampened Chassis i hear nothing. And i am sitting right next to it.
But instead of a closed loop, i use a massive Tower cooler… much quieter :wink:

Some day I might go down that route. The bad thing about keeping all the heat off my parts is that my office is easily 4 degrees (Fahrenheit) higher than the rest of the house…

LetsGetIt1220 said in unluckiest person with computers:

Well, that doesn’t sound very nice at all, but I’m sure we’ve all had our experiences.

They sure don’t make em like they use to :wink:

ShiftySatchmo was making fun of me and saying I’ve had more computer problems than him, nanderman and sYnCroSis combined. Though I probably upgrade more often, soooo…

1 Like

teh_g I believe I said you upgrade so often that you are statistically more likely to have more problems. Let me grab my violin and play a sad song for Richie McUpgrade. :violin:

ShiftySatchmo