Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.

artem_zmitrovich Used it but not in safe mode because I forgot how to boot into safe mode.

buttstallion said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

Wait, so AMD drivers can also be buggy? :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t say! :stuck_out_tongue:

gorkie Will do, thanks.

1 Like

sir_diealot There is an option to run the deinstallation from the Safe mode in the program, under Launch option.

buttstallion Of course they can be, unfortantly we can’t catch all the bugs right off… :stuck_out_tongue:

teh_g said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

sir_diealot The first error comes from FRAPS. God knows why it is trying to call DX9…

Either he has fraps auto start up on windows startup or he launched in manually. Fraps needs to record from dx9, 10, 11, and ogl (no idea if it supports vulkan or dx12). So therefor it needs to use dx9 libs in order to detect when a dx9 app is running.

gord0 said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

sir_diealot The first error comes from FRAPS. God knows why it is trying to call DX9…

Either he has fraps auto start up on windows startup or he launched in manually. Fraps needs to record from dx9, 10, 11, and ogl (no idea if it supports vulkan or dx12). So therefor it needs to use dx9 libs in order to detect when a dx9 app is running.

Yea it starts automatically but has never been a problem.

sir_diealot said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

And it likely isn’t. Seeing as the other error is from the AMD control center and it’s happening at the same time as the other error, a clean driver reinstall should fix it.

2 Likes

And it likely isn’t. Seeing as the other error is from the AMD control center and it’s happening at the same time as the other error, a clean driver reinstall should fix it.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times even in safe mode and am now getting this error. I looked it up and did what it said to fix the problem but I am still getting the error.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times even in safe mode and am now getting this error. I looked it up and did what it said to fix the problem but I am still getting the error.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Are there any problems with your amd control center or fraps? Are there any problems playing games? Do you have the fall creators club update? Just eliminating possibilities before dealing with the error.

gord0 I seem to be having problems with Dishonored 2, it was running fine before the update. Checked DMC and Dishonored and they ran fine. I checked integrity of game chache and then tried to play it and it loads into startup screen very choppy and game loadup takes far longer than it should. I uninstalled and am reinistlling now but have another hr. to wait and I have to head to bed.

I do not know what you mean by “fall creators club update”

Not sure of which control center you are referring to, I am guessing you meant AMD? I can uninstall and reinstall Fraps no problem tomorrow and find out from there. I have to head to bed but will check back tomorrow afternoon. Sorry but I have to be up at 5:30 in the morning. Thanks to you and everyone else on the help so far. Good night to you.

gord0 I seem to be having problems with Dishonored 2, it was running fine before the update. Checked DMC and Dishonored and they ran fine. I checked integrity of game chache and then tried to play it and it loads into startup screen very choppy and game loadup takes far longer than it should. I uninstalled and am reinistlling now but have another hr. to wait and I have to head to bed.

I do not know what you mean by “fall creators club update”

Not sure of which control center you are referring to, I am guessing you meant AMD? I can uninstall and reinstall Fraps no problem tomorrow and find out from there. I have to head to bed but will check back tomorrow afternoon. Sorry but I have to be up at 5:30 in the morning. Thanks to you and everyone else on the help so far. Good night to you.

Yes the AMD control center or whatever they’ve changed the name to for the 50th time. Fall creators club update is microsoft’s dumb as fuck name for their recent service pack. My system updated to it in the last couple weeks and the 17.10.2 amd drivers include updates for it. So I was thinking that having that driver without the fall creators club update could be messing with things. Fraps is irrelevant, it was merely a victim.

I generally don’t update to amd’s beta drivers (or “optional” as they’re now candy coating it) unless the release notes specify a fix or enhancement for the game I’m currently playing or the engine my current game runs on. None of the games you listed show up int the 17.10.2 release notes, so perhaps rolling back to a previous driver will help. I’m currently at 17.7.2. After checking, none of the drivers between then and now have any enhancements or fixes for the games you mentioned. 17.7.2 is the most recent official driver.

I recommend finding out if you have the fall creators club update (different from the previous one which was just called creators club update) and if not, get it. If your problem isn’t solved, either roll back to 17.7.2 or whatever one you had before this problem if it was newer than 17.7.2 .

Fall creators club
This is my update history, I see nothing by that name. Control center seems to have been removed somehow, where do I go to get it? Will it come with new install?

Fall creators club
This is my update history, I see nothing by that name. Control center seems to have been removed somehow, where do I go to get it? Will it come with new install?

Screenshot by Lightshot

Hit the start button and type: winver and hit enter. If you have 1709, then you have the update. If not:

Radeon Settings is what amd is calling their control center these days. It’s installed/updated when you install drivers.

1 Like

winver

I went back to the old driver and have no problems gaming but am having problems with Windows Defender. Says I have Essential installed and I do not have a copy of Win 7 installed. I downloaded AVG and ran a scan and also scanned with Maleware Bytes and found nothing.

winver

I went back to the old driver and have no problems gaming but am having problems with Windows Defender. Says I have Essential installed and I do not have a copy of Win 7 installed. I downloaded AVG and ran a scan and also scanned with Maleware Bytes and found nothing.

If you have active security software, there’s no need for windows defender. Remove/disable it.

gord0 I have AVG free now, that is it.

gord0 I have AVG free now, that is it.

Is it the always running kind or you have to manually launch it to do a scan?

gord0 Shows it at startup so guess it is always running?

gord0 Shows it at startup so guess it is always running?

Does it have an icon in your tray?