Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.

It did blackscreen the first time I tried to update (Like for 10 minutes) and I had to reboot and reinstall. Any clues what I should do to fix this? Thanks.

0_1508870689697_error today.png

0_1508870715751_eff-Z6XNSXO9N33wUpoFdg.jpeg

sir_diealot said in /404:

It did blackscreen the first time I tried to update (Like for 10 minutes) and I had to reboot and reinstall. Any clues what I should do to fix this? Thanks.

Try a complete uninstall. Reboot. Then install again.

1 Like

Use this to remove the corrupted driver before fresh install.

4 Likes

Uninstall drivers with DDU from safe mod and make clean installation.

3 Likes

Wait, so AMD drivers can also be buggy? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sir_diealot The first error comes from FRAPS. God knows why it is trying to call DX9…

2 Likes

sir_diealot Please let me know if this happens again and I will mention if to some people who can look into it… personally I think its the fraps

1 Like

adnan_popara said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

Use this to remove the corrupted driver before fresh install.

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) download version 18.0.6.9

Used it but not in safe mode because I forgot how to boot into safe mode.

gord0 On that right now.

artem_zmitrovich Used it but not in safe mode because I forgot how to boot into safe mode.

buttstallion said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

Wait, so AMD drivers can also be buggy? :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t say! :stuck_out_tongue:

gorkie Will do, thanks.

1 Like

sir_diealot There is an option to run the deinstallation from the Safe mode in the program, under Launch option.

buttstallion Of course they can be, unfortantly we can’t catch all the bugs right off… :stuck_out_tongue:

teh_g said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

sir_diealot The first error comes from FRAPS. God knows why it is trying to call DX9…

Either he has fraps auto start up on windows startup or he launched in manually. Fraps needs to record from dx9, 10, 11, and ogl (no idea if it supports vulkan or dx12). So therefor it needs to use dx9 libs in order to detect when a dx9 app is running.

gord0 said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

Either he has fraps auto start up on windows startup or he launched in manually. Fraps needs to record from dx9, 10, 11, and ogl (no idea if it supports vulkan or dx12). So therefor it needs to use dx9 libs in order to detect when a dx9 app is running.

Yea it starts automatically but has never been a problem.

sir_diealot said in Updated AMD Drivers and got these two messages.:

And it likely isn’t. Seeing as the other error is from the AMD control center and it’s happening at the same time as the other error, a clean driver reinstall should fix it.

2 Likes

And it likely isn’t. Seeing as the other error is from the AMD control center and it’s happening at the same time as the other error, a clean driver reinstall should fix it.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times even in safe mode and am now getting this error. I looked it up and did what it said to fix the problem but I am still getting the error.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times even in safe mode and am now getting this error. I looked it up and did what it said to fix the problem but I am still getting the error.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Are there any problems with your amd control center or fraps? Are there any problems playing games? Do you have the fall creators club update? Just eliminating possibilities before dealing with the error.

gord0 I seem to be having problems with Dishonored 2, it was running fine before the update. Checked DMC and Dishonored and they ran fine. I checked integrity of game chache and then tried to play it and it loads into startup screen very choppy and game loadup takes far longer than it should. I uninstalled and am reinistlling now but have another hr. to wait and I have to head to bed.

I do not know what you mean by “fall creators club update”

Not sure of which control center you are referring to, I am guessing you meant AMD? I can uninstall and reinstall Fraps no problem tomorrow and find out from there. I have to head to bed but will check back tomorrow afternoon. Sorry but I have to be up at 5:30 in the morning. Thanks to you and everyone else on the help so far. Good night to you.