VR: Who's buying?

Zmajuga I was just joking. Good to hear! Not everyone has bad marriages!

1 Like

Spinalfailed
I know. I’m a joker myself. XD

1 Like

Gutter I won’t be getting VR for a long time. I’m usually not the one to jump right into a new tech. I give it time to develop before I grab it. Plus, I can’t afford to upgrade my PC and get the VR.

VR is something I won’t be able to get, at least not for a couple of years. I’m excited about the potential it has for taking gaming to a whole new level.

I love the idea of VR & Augmented Reality, but as with all things I avoid 1st generation & early adoption. It’s looking like it has more legs than 3D TV, luckily, but I’m still waiting on a few things to fall into place. Also like Sir_diealot I have bad eyesight, so until i get decent reviews from people with bad eyesight I won’t drop money on such a luxury item.

I don’t know if what follows is highjacking or furthering discussion but here goes…
I see it needing multiple factors before it becomes a mainstream reality - think of what Sony had to do to get BD as the premium format of upgrade to DVD - they made sure that every house that had a PS3 had a BluRay player. This meant that there was an existing market for studios to put BluRay movies out. Toshiba & MS couldn’t compete with that because they made their format an add-on at extra cost.

So for VR we need adoption - for adoption we need applications(games, software etc.) which will only come when there’s enough adoption… it’s a circle. I like that AMD is moving the VR requirements into the “mainstream” but the RX 480 is still a step above what the general public will go out & buy. I think they’re hoping a lot of pre-built VR ready PCs will jump on the RX 480. But unfortunately that’s only half of the hardware requirements, the actual headsets & tracking paraphernalia is still too expensive. Once a VR headset is the price of a standard monitor then it becomes a great option - so you could have a 27" screen for non VR & a VR headset, then VR will become the norm rather than an enthusiast grade piece of kit.

1 Like

Eventually someday maybe. I can’t do vive because I don’t have the room. I also don’t want to stand or wave my arms around. I just want to be able to sit in a chair using a controller/kb+mouse and wear the headset.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the kinks to work out and my wallet to catch up. It interests me, especially for racing sims. Gaming is my only money costing hobby so if it lasts I can see myself taking the dive someday. But it took me years to pull the trigger on a racing wheel so I’m in no rush. Insanely cautious/cheap buyer with everything, especially big things!

Make sure to lock your doors when playing a VR.

9 Likes

p3ssimist_gΛming HAHA, I can actually see some of us doing something like that too lmfao

Only0neKnight lol I would, but i’ll make damn sure my ass won’t be touching another ass.

p3ssimist_gΛming Definitely agree there bro, but still would be funny as hell

OMG THAT PHOTO… stuff of nightmares.

Gutter said in VR: Who's buying?:

OMG THAT PHOTO… stuff of nightmares.

I die every time I open this thread.

p3ssimist_gΛming said in VR: Who's buying?:

Make sure to lock your doors when playing a VR.

Hahaha!! This is why I don’t have irl friends…