What am I doing wrong?

I have followed both sets of instructions to make Firefox my default browser but the problem I am running into is that Firefox is not there as an option to select either way. Any ideas? (Yes I have it installed) :smiley: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/make-firefox-your-default-browser

Sir_diealot Windows 10?

1 Like

teh_g said in What am I doing wrong?:

Sir_diealot Windows 10?

Yes.

If you open the Default Applications app:
0_1470960224464_upload-a323c261-6d8e-4447-a432-5d03959a14f7

You should be able to change the Web browser to whatever you’d like:

Tried that but as I said it is not an option. Any other idea by chance? Thanks for trying.

Moving to tech support too :wink:

Hmm, weird… Firefox must do something different for how it tells Windows it is a web browser.

Can you try this: Win+X->Control Panel->Default Programs then click on “Set your default Programs”, click on Firefox then “Set this program as default”

teh_g That last one got it thanks. Sorry it to so long to reply, Window’s just did a major update and it took quite some time to finish.

1 Like

You are using FF… That is what you are doing wrong. Lol

1 Like

Ub6 said in What am I doing wrong?:

You are using FF… That is what you are doing wrong. Lol

I was wandering how long that reply would take to arrive. I don’t like any of the others, they all suck.

2 Likes

There should be an option in firefox’s options to make it the default browser…if you ever find yourself needing to set the default browser again in the future.

1 Like

gord0 said in What am I doing wrong?:

There should be an option in firefox’s options to make it the default browser…if you ever find yourself needing to set the default browser again in the future.

That would not work nor would the suggestions in the link I provided, not sure why, just happy it is working now.