Whats NVIDIA GeForce NOW?!

Im in the beta and its great but yea as Gord says the price is gonna be retarded…

I tried out the beta, but it has you login to Steam currently to play games? I guess if I am traveling it might be good, but I just didn’t login and uninstalled it.

teh_g Its only for games you already own on steam and uplay. Not sure if Origin/GoG will be added in the future.

Still, not worth an hourly cost. That xbox deal is like 10 bucks a month and you can play all the games as much as you want. Nvidia will have to partner up with another company to bring the cost down before I touch it.

1 Like

I would hate everything in the world if cloud gaming thing is a thing in the future.

1 Like

$25 for 20h of playing on GTX 1060 or $25 for 10h on GTX 1080. No, thanks.

2 Likes

adnan_popara Right now they are using Tesla P40’s though the prices they are planning to charge is stupid as hell.

katsuo said in Whats NVIDIA GeForce NOW?!:

I would hate everything in the world if cloud gaming thing is a thing in the future.

It’s not the cloud part that bothers me, it’s the pricing. My connection can handle it (provided I’m not playing multiplayer).

gord0 said in Whats NVIDIA GeForce NOW?!:

It’s not the cloud part that bothers me, it’s the pricing. My connection can handle it (provided I’m not playing multiplayer).

I just don’t like the idea of cloud gaming.

If the streaming is stable, what’s the problem? You’d still have the game in your steam library should you want to run it locally anyway. Also you wouldn’t need good hardware for max settings.

The main benefit of this thing for me would be to play while I’m traveling, but usually when I’m traveling I wouldn’t have a connection good enough to play these anyway, so it seems meh. Switch FTW!

shiftysatchmo said in Whats NVIDIA GeForce NOW?!:

The main benefit of this thing for me would be to play while I’m traveling, but usually when I’m traveling I wouldn’t have a connection good enough to play these anyway, so it seems meh. Switch FTW!

Yeah, I would only trust a game to be streamed properly on my own home connection or at google headquarters.

If the streaming is stable, what’s the problem? You’d still have the game in your steam library should you want to run it locally anyway. Also you wouldn’t need good hardware for max settings.

I don’t know. I think it’s a lil bit weird that people can afford fast internet speed and the geforce now subscription plus games but they can’t afford a decent PC. Crazy, right?
This geforce now thing is going to be some exclusive platform thing like playstation or xbox. Mark my words, games will be released only on geforce now in the near future. If the damn thing succeeds. :cry: :cloud:

I don’t know. I think it’s a lil bit weird that people can afford fast internet speed and the geforce now subscription plus games but they can’t afford a decent PC. Crazy, right?
This geforce now thing is going to be some exclusive platform thing like playstation or xbox. Mark my words, games will be released only on geforce now in the near future. If the damn thing succeeds. :cry: :cloud:

They would have to support existing libraries to get off the ground…that is if they fix the price problem. Exclusives would just tank them.

1 Like

katsuo Well, I pay 59.99 a month for my internet which is 100mb/ps down and about 20mb/ps up… but unfortantly ontop of that cable and phone brings the total to $225 a month. If they figured out how to have a subscription based with only a monthly fee it would be a nice touch for thoughs who cant afford i7’s with huge amounts of ram and GTX 1080’s… especally with a GTX 1080 being nearly $1600+ right now.

gorkie said in Whats NVIDIA GeForce NOW?!:

katsuo Well, I pay 59.99 a month for my internet which is 100mb/ps down and about 20mb/ps up… but unfortantly ontop of that cable and phone brings the total to $225 a month. If they figured out how to have a subscription based with only a monthly fee it would be a nice touch for thoughs who cant afford i7’s with huge amounts of ram and GTX 1080’s… especally with a GTX 1080 being nearly $1600+ right now.

Cut the cable. It’s redundant.

1 Like

Orrrrrr, they could just get a normal PC for mortals. If I remember correctly, you don’t really need i7 CPU or GTX1080(Ti) to run a game. Hell even 5 years old hardware can run games on almost max settings 1080p. And if they REALLY can’t afford a PC…consoles still exist. Plenty of choices and in my opinion, GeForce Now is the worst choice possible. Saaaaaave your money people!

2 Likes

gord0 If I could I would but thats part of the deal where I live my uncle and father watch it and we dont have the kinda tv’s that have the ability to stream or anything. Unfortant for me cause im the one paying the whole bill.

gord0 If I could I would but thats part of the deal where I live my uncle and father watch it and we dont have the kinda tv’s that have the ability to stream or anything. Unfortant for me cause im the one paying the whole bill.

hdmi ;]

gord0 Assuming we have the hdmi tvs which we dont, the only thing HDMI usable in the house is my monitor… and im sure not letting them use that :stuck_out_tongue: