Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?

Write something. Or you can write which one do you love and why? WRITE. Listen to you heartttttttttt when he’s calling for you.

Oh and here’s an article which is meh. I put it here just because reasons.

katsuo said in /404:

Write something. Or you can write which one do you love and why? WRITE. Listen to you heartttttttttt when he’s calling for you.

Oh and here’s an article which is meh. I put it here just because reasons.
Which game genre do you dislike the most, and why? | PC Gamer

All early access/beta. All rogue-like/rogue-lite. All multiplayer-only. All sports. All typing games. All visual novels. All text based games. 99% of indie games. All rts. All dungeon crawler. 99% of pixel art games. All meter babysitting games.

These are all things I hate, or have learned to hate. It would be rare for me to make an exception.

1 Like

Not really a genre but I gave up on competitive multiplayer years ago. Like 10yrs+. I did my time in StarCraft, TFC, Soldier of Fortune 2, etc when I was a teen. But as the years went by I realized I don’t like being on other people’s time when I have a chance to game. I’d rather be playing nonstop than 10mins of waiting followed by 10mins of failure then 10mins of waiting, repeat. I’ve dipped into stuff like TF2, Insurgency and Rocket League over the years but never past casually (I even played Heartstone for a month once!). I do feel bad that co-op kinda got swept under the rug in all of it for me too since co-op can be mostly fun. But whateves. Guess I’m selfish when it comes to my gaming time!

I don’t really have a genre I specifically don’t like. I just don’t like when a genre is done bad! Like 2D platformer can be one of my favs but a bad 2D platformer can be one of the worst gaming experiences on the planet. I guess I’ll choose MMO though since I’ve never played one.

1 Like

schlitty said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

Not really a genre but I gave up on competitive multiplayer years ago. Like 10yrs+. I did my time in StarCraft, TFC, Soldier of Fortune 2, etc when I was a teen. But as the years went by I realized I don’t like being on other people’s time when I have a chance to game. I’d rather be playing nonstop than 10mins of waiting followed by 10mins of failure then 10mins of waiting, repeat. I’ve dipped into stuff like TF2, Insurgency and Rocket League over the years but never past casually (I even played Heartstone for a month once!). I do feel bad that co-op kinda got swept under the rug in all of it for me too since co-op can be mostly fun. But whateves. Guess I’m selfish when it comes to my gaming time!

I don’t really have a genre I specifically don’t like. I just don’t like when a genre is done bad! Like 2D platformer can be one of my favs but a bad 2D platformer can be one of the worst gaming experiences on the planet. I guess I’ll choose MMO though since I’ve never played one.

Same. My teens and early 20s were all competitive fps and mmo. Not just being a player either, but being a multi-game clan leader for over 10 years on top of that which includes management of web server, game servers, voip servers, and in game strategy management/organization.
These days I say fuck all that. All single player, on my time. What I want, when I want, pause at any time.

2 Likes

I’ll give a game in most genres a shot if it looks good. But I won’t even attempt visual novels. I’d rather just read a comic book.

2 Likes

I can not say I dislike a Genre… especally considering right now im a Freecompany Leader on FFXIV Online with a buncha goof balls and loving it. I must once again thank the person who gave me the basegame! My ingame marriage has now lasted longer then my real life marriage ever did lmao and shes a wonderful person to have as a friend.

1 Like

I dislike sport games, except if it is a racing game. No football, no nfl, nhl, nba and other :smiley:
And I dislike those anime/manga/hentai games Katsuo and a lot of you playing. :smiley:

2 Likes

buttstallion said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

I dislike sport games, except if it is a racing game. No football, no nfl, nhl, nba and other :smiley:
And I dislike those anime/manga/hentai games Katsuo and a lot of you playing. :smiley:

I don’t think many people consider racing games to be sports games…but if it must be so, then racing is the only sport I like.

gord0 Oddly enough, the only reason I got into racing sims/games on PC is because of the lack sports games on PC. I needed my sports game fix after so many years without a console. And now a few years down the line I own a freakin’ racing wheel… Haha.

1 Like

schlitty said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

gord0 Oddly enough, the only reason I got into racing sims/games on PC is because of the lack sports games on PC. I needed my sports game fix after so many years without a console. And now a few years down the line I own a freakin’ racing wheel… Haha.

You’ll need EA to fuck up FIFA and NHL like starwars so that a diff publisher gets the rights and maybe they will publish on pc. UFC too. I like watching my bro play that on ps4.

3 Likes

MOBA. Because reasons. :smiley:

1 Like

gord0 NHL on PC is my dream

1 Like

shiftysatchmo said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

gord0 NHL on PC is my dream

Can ps4 stream to pc? lol

Can’t say a dislike an entire genre. I don’t like too many competitive multi-player games like people have mentioned before but at the same time, I do very much enjoy competitive multi-player shooters if they’re class based. I think I may have grown to hate MOBAs but that’s mostly because of toxic players and less because of the game itself. I enjoy playing them but they always seem to have the worst communities.

1 Like

gord0 it can! Haha

shiftysatchmo said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

gord0 it can! Haha

So you can at least pretend : ]

Holy macaroni you guys are alive.

I dislike horror and sports games. And games like XCOM. And 90% indie games. As for multiplayer games that are competitive…I generally dislike them too except League of Legends. I’m playing LoL ever since it was launched back in year 1932 and apparently, I can’t stop playing it. Help meee

1 Like

katsuo you love indie and you know it.

shiftysatchmo

1 Like

katsuo Hellblade

1 Like