Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?

shiftysatchmo said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

katsuo Hellblade

He said 90%

1 Like

shiftysatchmo said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

katsuo Hellblade

I said 90%

1 Like

Jinx!! XD

2 Likes

katsuo haha 90% sounds arbitrary. I probably only like 10% of AAA games too :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

MMO’s because they suck and games with top down view.

Oh yeah, I always try RTS games and want to like them but I always stop after like an hour. I like turn based a lot more for some reason.

2 Likes

shiftysatchmo I think I’m the same. I tried few RTS games and couldn’t play them more than an hour. Except Starcraft 2. That game is amazing.

3 Likes

katsuo I loved Warcraft 3 so much

2 Likes

I liked C&C and StarCraft waaay back in the day. Now I can’t stand rts.

2 Likes

gord0 for a while they were some of the most well made pc games

Katsuo Starcraft 2 is great such a tight experience it makes it hard to play any other RTS.

sYnCroSis Warcraft 3 was my jam as a kid. Never the actual game though. Mostly tower defence, and DOTA.

1 Like

I’m in that same RTS boat. Played SC1, C&C, Age of Empires 2, Warcraft 1-3, and even a couple early Total Wars back when. Was probably my favorite genre at one point. Seeing my friend play StarCraft is why I asked for a new PC for Christmas one year. But now I can’t “get into” a new RTS no matter how much it seems like a good idea. And I try! But it just ain’t happenin’… Best I can manage is loading up an old one I already know every handful of years and play a mission or two.

schlitty said in Which game genre do you dislike the most and why?:

I’m in that same RTS boat. Played SC1, C&C, Age of Empires 2, Warcraft 1-3, and even a couple early Total Wars back when. Was probably my favorite genre at one point. Seeing my friend play StarCraft is why I asked for a new PC for Christmas one year. But now I can’t “get into” a new RTS no matter how much it seems like a good idea. And I try! But it just ain’t happenin’… Best I can manage is loading up an old one I already know every handful of years and play a mission or two.

It’s probably because, win or lose, we know the outcome before starting and 1 match is a significant chunk of time. Also single player campaign stories aren’t good enough to make up for it.

1 Like

syncrosis I spent a lot of time playing Frozen Throne with my friends. Such a good game. Then World of Warcraft happened and I made even more friends but I lost my life playing it. Good timesssssssss

Call of Duty Ghost: Story was garbage, GFX was garbage, gameplay is same shit. I was really eager to wait for that game but yah -_- and this game is the reason i started to hate cod franchise before that i was huge fan of COD

And my all time fav is TW3 i dont think there is any game out there till now who can compete with TW3

1 Like

dante Since when is COD a genre? XD

4 Likes

katsuo since they said so

I really don’t like platformers and RTS.

platformers I just don’t get into for some reason. they just aren’t fun to me. I think its because I don’t have the reflexes needed to make the jumps and I get frustrated and decide its not worth the effort.

As for RTS, its because I can’t keep up with whoever I’m playing. I’ll be still thinking of my strategy and they have already won.

That said, I love Turn based strategy games. If I can sit and think through what I want to accomplish, I love being competitive.

I also love story driven single player games, and competitive games where I rely on just me.

I used to not care for tower defense stuff, but fortnite is pretty fun so far. But then again, i don’t build anything, I just run around and shoot and do the quests. LOL

1 Like