Windows 10 Creator

Some people got it today, some people havent… I got it so far and not sure what all it has yet.

Gorkie said in /404:

Some people got it today, some people havent… I got it so far and not sure what all it has yet.

Don’t know what it is, too lazy to google.

1 Like

gord0 Just the latest big update for Windows 10. I installed it today with the upgrade assistant.

1 Like

teh_g said in Windows 10 Creator:

gord0 Just the latest big update for Windows 10. I installed it today with the upgrade assistant.

I’m still to lazy to google lol

1 Like

Gorkie one of many useless features for regular PC abusers xD

Windows 10 Creators Update: Here’s what to look out for

Mark2K77 Is it true that the Gamer mode and Beam streaming is restricted to Windows 10 Home users and Pro users won’t be able to use it?

Mark2K77 said in Windows 10 Creator:

Gorkie one of many useless features for regular PC abusers xD

Windows 10 Creators Update: Here’s what to look out for

Didn’t see any mention of “gamer mode”… everything else means nothing to me…other than security updates that we would have got anyway.

gord0

Beam streaming

For Home users there are various gaming-targeted features, including Beam game streaming and Game Mode, which optimizes the OS to improve Game performance, although the benefits at present seem marginal at best.

PeaceLeon said in Windows 10 Creator:

Mark2K77 Is it true that the Gamer mode and Beam streaming is restricted to Windows 10 Home users and Pro users won’t be able to use it?

I was wondering why I don’t see those options. That is retarded…

PeaceLeon said in Windows 10 Creator:

gord0

Beam streaming

For Home users there are various gaming-targeted features, including Beam game streaming and Game Mode, which optimizes the OS to improve Game performance, although the benefits at present seem marginal at best.

Do I have to turn it on or is it automagic?

gord0 No idea, haven’t installed the update yet. But right now even if the feature is active you won’t get a big benefit because the developer has to implement the feature to the game first.

Yeah… I’m just going to ignore the feature. Doesn’t seem worth even reading about until there’s just one toggle that turns it on globally and you never have to touch it again.

1 Like

I went ahead and finally told it yes, go ahead and do this. Only difference I notice now, is that my fan is running all the time while idling.

Thanks Windows!!

1 Like

It made zero difference on games for me, but from what I’ve read the game mode only benefits low end rigs. Maybe it’ll help performance on my surface.

Its helpful and useful like those Game booster programs XD