Windows 10 Monitor Sleeping

Anyone notice that at some point in the last few months 3d applications started allowing the monitor to sleep when idle? At first I thought the game might have been set to borderless window, but that’s not the case. And I’ve been noticing it in the last few pc games I’ve played. It’s not really a problem, just seems odd after all these years of that not being the case.

Maybe a update messed with your advanced power settings. Poke around those maybe? Make sure you’re on a High Performance power plan and peek at some of the other options.

1 Like

That’s a day one fresh format thing I always do. I just figured maybe it’s not really a problem anymore so monitors can sleep with games running… I’ll double check when I’m sober though.

1 Like

I have not noticed it. And I have had situations where it would have happened. Just last week I left a game going, and went to supper, and came back hours later to find the game still sitting there. I’ve done that a couple times in the last month, so its not doing it for me.