Zmajuga - October Gamer Challenge

I finished this tech demo called “Scanner Sombre” and I simply can’t call it a game.
I beat it in under a 2 hours. There is a hint of story in the demo but looks like devs took to much LSD combined with absinthe and failed to make it work.
Hell, I had more fun disarming bombs in Extras.

It’s unfinished, although interesting, walking simulator concept for VR. I’m glad I got it in HB Monthly since this demo in no way justify it’s price of 9,99€.
I hoped that it could be another great game from the devs that made Prison Architect. Well, I was wrong.

So my final score is 2/10. At least they tried, while on drugs and absinthe. :smiley:

I thought your game glitched or something, then I read the text xD

1 Like

I will skip this one so hard haha

1 Like

As a bundle toss in I’m enjoying it (halfway through). But then again I like “walking simulators”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does give me a little flashback to VirtualBoy eye burn though after staring at lights contrasted with black for an hour. haha.

1 Like

If it’s a walking simulator then what is added for new game +?

mylifeforaiur even more walking!

2 Likes

mylifeforaiur ± 5 meter elevation :smiley:

1 Like

Id also mention that screenshots don’t do the gameplay gimmick justice. Its pretty fascinating/interesting. But I understand the boredom some get from walking simulators. And I do agree I’d be pretty hard pressed to drop 9.99 on it. Perfect bundle game though.

schlitty

I do like walking simulators, and I like the gameplay concept of Scanner Sombre, but I expected at least a descent story. For example, Dear Esther is one of my favorite games and it’s a walking simulator, but with good storytelling. :slight_smile:
I agree with you that it’s perfect demo for the bundles. Especially VR ones.

1 Like

The vanishing of Ethan Carter is the best walking simulator <3

1 Like

buttstallion said in Zmajuga - October Gamer Challenge:

The vanishing of Ethan Carter is the best walking simulator <3

How I forgot about that one? Now It’s on the “to do soon” list. Thanx for a reminder. :slight_smile:

1 Like

zmajuga You are welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Hellblade is the best walking simulator and one of the best games ever made. kthxbye

katsuo I can 10000000000% confirm this

zmajuga the To Do Soon list should be all the games from your charity 1 year celebration

2 Likes

katsuo technically any game with walking is a walking simulator, so I agree.

Just finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux. Took me 3 hours and I must say: What a nice game! :slight_smile: Visuals are great, story is good, some nice but easy puzzles.

All in all i give it 8/10 and can recommend it to everyone.

4 Likes

syncrosis said in Zmajuga - October Gamer Challenge:

zmajuga the To Do Soon list should be all the games from your charity 1 year celebration

Next on that list is Shadow of war. October 10th can’t arrive soon enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

zmajuga I need to take notes of games you beat so quickly that I have in my backlog XD

1 Like

zmajuga Easy? Even the teleport doors in the house? I was lost :smiley: