Divinity:Original Sin II (Beta) GOG version thoughts.

• Ok a quick post with some screenshots. Finally the GOG version released & I've loaded & so far spent about an hour playing it. No voice acting, but the humour still comes through. Graphically it's nice slightly tweaked stylistically from the first, but the backdrops are gorgeous & I'm sure the character models will see a lift come final release too. I'm also playing a cleric.... cool thing is she is melee/water(healing) & necromantic(curses & debuffs) based, cool.

I like the new character creation, with your character's face actually changing its icon portrait (yes, just like WoWarcraft). But a really nice change is the ability to give your character Tags/origin stories. This gives additional dialogue options unique to your Tag (think Noble/Scholar/Soldier/Barbarian etc.) that are separate from the ones available for say attributes or talents.

I'm so far happy with the game & I think I'm going to be sad that the Beta stops at the end of the first chapter :)
    0_1478600849768_EoCApp 2016-11-07 22-59-07-91.png
    0_1478600928677_EoCApp 2016-11-07 23-01-00-76.png
    0_1478601172821_EoCApp 2016-11-07 23-05-32-59.png
    0_1478601457363_EoCApp 2016-11-07 23-18-57-38.png
    0_1478601536648_EoCApp 2016-11-07 23-29-41-92.bmp

• Rocket League is for Lovers

Not sure though if i shall buy it now or wait when it is fully released....... i´ll probably wait ..... ;)

• admins

It looks like it will be good.

• @MeFFFlenn said in Divinity:Original Sin II (Beta) GOG version thoughts.:

Not sure though if i shall buy it now or wait when it is fully released....... i´ll probably wait ..... ;)
    I would wait. I only have it due to being in the Kickstarter.

• @MeFFFlenn said in Divinity:Original Sin II (Beta) GOG version thoughts.:

Sorry It looks like my last reply to you got cut off without the actual reply :p

I wouldn't bother getting it yet, as for you it would be a pre-order. I don't believe that it's for sale as early access on GOG (but is on Steam). It's only in the Beta/Alpha stage so far and is available for those who backed the Kickstarter. The idea is for the KS backers to play & give feedback moving forward. I have faith in Larian to deliver (because they have previously) but if I wasn't in the KS I wouldn't pre-order, and just wait for final release post reviews & feedback.

It's familiar to those who played the Div:OS original, but I'm sure more tweaks will come. I will continue to post feed back as I play more - especially with different classes & races.

• I really enjoyed the first one. Larian will deliver it. I have no doubt about it. :D

Looks like your connection to Gaming Exodus was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.