Another taste of my build in progress.

Purchased these as “ex Demo” from a local PC superstore at $103 ($72USD), no replacement warranty, instead repair or store credit. So 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz for the build.

There’s a couple of surprise pieces I’m keeping under wraps until I’m ready to start building… but also possibility of a spanner in the works based on a recent win from ThermalTake.

The spanner being I’ve had an idea for this build for a while & have been working towards it, but that P3 is such a OTT concept for me. I want to use it, but I don’t think I can to it’s full potential.

MMmmmm Crucial. I have 16GBs of those. Only DDR3. I like it old school. XD

2 Likes

Katsuo said in Another taste of my build in progress.:

I have 16GB of the Tactical Tracers DDR3 in my ITX… they’re sooooo pretty I had to go with these for the next PC.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in Another taste of my build in progress.:

I have 16GB of the Tactical Tracers DDR3 in my ITX… they’re sooooo pretty I had to go with these for the next PC.

Great choice! I would pick Crucial RAM any day. I heard about the Tactical Tracers. They glow, right? xD

1 Like

Katsuo Ohhhh boy do they glow. I have the Orange/Blue version & they are bright & vibrant.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Now you only need to find a GPU, CPU cooler, case, motherboard, life and onions that glow in orange and blue! Otherwise, you don’t have a complete build haha

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Now you only need to find a GPU, CPU cooler, case, motherboard, life and onions that glow in orange and blue! Otherwise, you don’t have a complete build haha

Yeah… a life. That’s what I need. Onions would be great too, heard that add a nice taste as I swallow my disappointment & self respect.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Oh god, what have I done?! I mentioned life. Life is not supposed to be mentioned to a gamer. I’m an idiot. I apologize >.<

2 Likes

So at the end of 2016 I received a final piece of great news, in that I was one of the winners in Nikktech.com Mega 2016 Christmas Giveaway. Well the prize arrived today & f’ me if it’s not gorgeous.

The best thing about it is it actually fits with the theme I was working towards so into the build it goes!
So:
PSU :ballot_box_with_check:
RAM :ballot_box_with_check:
CPU Cooler :ballot_box_with_check:
Motherboard :ballot_box_with_check:
Chassis :ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:
GPU :ballot_box_with_check:
Storage :x:
CPU :x:

Getting closer & closer, but for this one I need to count every penny & so I’m still willing to take my time. There’s nothing “wrong” with my ITX but it’s just time to put on some big boy pants XD

Pleased to introduce the Cryorig H5 Universal:

it wouldn’t be a SgtT8ie post without a Stormtrooper :slight_smile:

and a Lego figure for some universally known scale:

2 Likes