Any comic book fans?

I started getting back into comic books and have been following a few. Currently I’ve been grabbing Batman Rebirth, Cable, Aliens: Dead Orbit, and Darth Vader. I plan to start the Venomverse stuff when it comes out tomorrow and the new The Astonishing X-Men out next month. I miiiight grab Deathstroke too since a new arc is beginning. What have you been reading, if anything?

ShiftySatchmo My local library has a heap of stuff, so I’ve been gorging myself on anything I can get my hands on :slight_smile: my favourites so far have been:
Deadpool
The Boys
Anything by Neil Gaiman
Hellboy
the Rocket & Groot standalone novel

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie if they have it and you haven’t read it yet, check out Y the last man. It’s pretty solid. About 10 volumes these days in paperback. One of my favorites.

1 Like

I’m reading Dylan Dog (Segio Bonelli Editore) on regular basis. :smiley:
Unfortunately, post war generations are not into comics as my generation was, so there are not many comics on sale. Marvel, DC and Dark Horse are non-existent, only Segio Bonelli Editore comics can be found. :frowning:

1 Like

The only comics book I have.

And not a single one mentions Asterix, Les aventures de Tintin or other good comics … tztztz

2 Likes

MeFFFlenn
While you mention those, I have a nice collection of older issues of Asterix, Corto Maltese and Tintin, Serpieri’s “Morbus Gravis - Druna”, Hermann’s “Jeremeiah”, etc. True art. :smiley:

1 Like

Zmajuga There was a comic con held near my place (Laktaši) where you could buy comics for low price. The good thing was that there was such a huuuuuuuuuge selection of comics, old and new. The bad thing is that our government shut down the place the comic con was held so that’s probably the main reason why there was no comic con this year. BUT, if they find a new place, I’ll buy few comics if you want. You could literally buy the entire Marvel collection for like 15 euros or so, in top notch quality.

Katsuo
If and when convention is held again just PM me. I’ll come personally and we could have a drink or two or three. XD

1 Like

Zmajuga We have a deal haha

In Zagreb, there is the Infogamer event, at the same time there is a book convention there, all the comics like Dylan Dog, Zagor, Alan Ford and others you can buy there XD

1 Like

milkywayman When? I’m going to move my butt immediately there haha

Katsuo www.rebootinfogamer.hr :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have some Iron Man stuff from 90’s one from 71 or 73 can’t remember. Also complete run of War Machine, some original Battle Star Galactica, some War Horse Comic from Predator and a bunch of Predator vs comics. Also some Robocop and some other stuff. My problem is I like the artwork from the 70’s on back and I just can’t afford many of those. Oh yes and The WIcher comics.

3 Likes

The comics I actually own are Aliens Book 1, Aliens: Earth War, Aliens vs Predator & Terminator - all from the 1990’s. I also have the SnarfQuest graphic novel, if anyone here remembers Larry Elmore & Dragon magazine?

1 Like

Since you girls like comics, here’s something for ya. Endless Space comics.

https://wiki.endless-space.com/comics

2 Likes

Here are crappy ones

http://xygaming.com/comic/

1 Like

I only have One Piece and Star Wars comics :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll chime in and let you guys know, I have enough comics stored in my basement to start a store. LOL

I stopped collecting years ago though, but they are all boxed and the ones that were worth something are bagged. I never got into Marvel and DC stuff. All of mine are independent, Top Cow, stuff like that. At one time, I had the full run of Witchblade, every issue.

2 Likes

I use to read a lot of books. Now it’s down to The Walking Dead, saga, chew (well I was reading it until the end) revival. If you are looking for good series Y: The last man is fantastic. Locke and Key is pretty good.

I actually have a huge range of books I was reading but then just stopped. I can probably suggest some other if anyone is interested.

1 Like