Apparently I am going

to Mesico and then Cuba and if the wife says so… the Dominican as well. Yeesh

2 Likes

Such a first world problem.

Yeah well, I guess this kind of stuff happens when you get old(er) too. Sigh

At least you’re not going Bora Bora islands. That would be really unlucky.

4 Likes

I’ll let her know you think so too.

Bora Bora is my dream. I’ll go for you Craig!

Aww, now see that is a great friend. Even though we have never met in person, you are willing to sacrifice yourself like that.

My heart is full of joy now, maybe… just maybe I will be able to suffer through this trip.

Thank you so very much. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well I am never here for long, but thought why not update a stale thread.
We are doing well in our new city (be 2 years in June) and have been busy… well not really. :slight_smile: We have been to Mexico several times now in various locations to get the whole feeling (from touristy coastal areas to local only inland towns), and have enjoyed it greatly. Cuba was in my opinion, boring but the weather was nice so hey. Dominican will 95% be this Christmas coming up, taking the kids for a family va-ca as they miss us as we do them, living in different cities now.
Bora Bora never happened. Thailand (mainland and Koh Samui), Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, and Indonesia all have. Next fall we are headed to Turkey, Croatia, Greece and Italy.
I know I know… stfu. lol but hey, just wanted to say hi and hope all of you are doing well.

4 Likes

Shut up, I’m jealous. Hi, I’m glad you are doing well.

Since I’m practically from Croatia…Makarska, Zadar, Krk and Zrce are some of the places in Croatia you HAVE to visit. The only bad thing about Croatia is that it got a bit more expensive, now that it’s in EU and using Euro as a currency, so that’s probably what you should keep in mind.

Turkey (at least Istanbul) is in my opinion, super boring as it’s pretty much the same as here in Germany. Lots of cultures and traditions are clashing around and it’s more annoying than fun if you have a specific “something” that you want to see. Istanbul is massive and beautiful though. Don’t get baited into hair transplant surgeries and teeth fixes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m most likely visiting Japan next year and I’m preparing for that (learning the language and all). Friend of mine told me that you need to have a guide that knows how to speak japanese OR you learn the language, since the Japanese there don’t know how to speak English at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the info on Croatia, we will see about working those locations into the trip, so far it is just a few places but Dubrovnik (because I want to see the unedited KIngs Landing from GOT) as well as Istria and Rijeka. These places are going to be fairly busy as they are the most tourist visited spots, but I like ruins and old Roman towns. The wife, likes warm beaches so we are trying to fit it all in. :slight_smile:

Istanbul is not on our to do list. Cappadocia, the Turquoise Coast, and Pamukkale are on the official list of places we are doing, but there are so many more that may work into the trip.

Good idea with learning some Japanese before visiting. When we were there, Osaka and Tokyo were for the most part ok. We got along without having to use the translator much, but once we were outside these areas, almost nobody spoke any English. Just a lot of bowing and head shaking. lol The real time AI translator on our phones proved its value in Japan that is for sure.

1 Like