Can he game with this?

Somebody I knew back in the 80’s contacted me on Facebook last night and we started to talk and he said he games and went on to tell me about his consoles. Well when I told him I played on PC he said “Tell me what to buy and I will buy it and we will play” Well he told me what he had and I told him to go to Can I Run it and he did but did not want to use it because they have you download a program to read your specs so he gave me the info on his PC

Well I am thinking he will not be able to play much because he has integrated graphics but as you all know I am not a tech guy so I come here to ask so he does not waste his money. (He got a little offended I think when I told him I did not think he could play a lot) Here is a link to exactly what he has, nothing more, nothing less, just what it came with. So can he play something like Call of Duty Black Ops 1 I know enough to know he is not going to do anything high end. Thanks for the help.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75%20Pro3-M/

No info on CPU, RAM? Nevertheless, since it’s integrated graphics he’s playing on, you were right, there’s nothing much he can play above 30 FPS (If hes’ got an Intel HD 4000), unless there’s extra low game setting.

1 Like

zmajuga Okay, thank you for the reply. Here is a picture he took to show me and it has CPU info on it.

He’ll need at least 4 more gigs of RAM… what’s his gpu budget?

1 Like

That cpu is getting quite old but paired with an actual video card should be usable. Also, how many watts is his psu?

1 Like

adnan_popara I don’t honestly know if he will want to go that far, I think he thought he could just play. I can ask him though.

gord0 Not sure about that, I will have to ask him, I told him I will call him some time today so I will do that shortly and let you and Adnan_Popara know the answers to both your questions if I can.

1 Like

Adnan_Popara gord0 I did not get an answer, left a message.

sir_diealot said in Can he game with this?:

Adnan_Popara gord0 I did not get an answer, left a message.

From the looks of it, his pc was meant for office work, web browsing, etc. He definately needs more ram and a video card. Which will likely result in needing a beefier psu. I imagine the manufacturer put a fairly low wattage psu in there given the original hardware.

1 Like

gord0 Yea I pretty much figure the same thing.

sir_diealot another possible problem he might encounter if he decides to upgrade: Is his pc one of those HP or dell pre-builts? If it is then he might not be able to upgrade his psu (proprietary motherboard connectors) nor gpu (as the motherboard layout is so bad you can only use low profile gpus).

3 Likes

adnan_popara I had not thought of that, good point.

1 Like

adnan_popara said in Can he game with this?:

another possible problem he might encounter if he decides to upgrade: Is his pc one of those HP or dell pre-builts? If it is then he might not be able to upgrade his psu (proprietary motherboard connectors) nor gpu (as the motherboard layout is so bad you can only use low profile gpus).

His PSU is a “power supply is a 850 gold series” He bought the rig and put it together himself.

1 Like

Sir_diealot Then he should definitely invest in GPU and 4 gigs of RAM as recommended by Adnan_Popara .

2 Likes

another possible problem he might encounter if he decides to upgrade: Is his pc one of those HP or dell pre-builts? If it is then he might not be able to upgrade his psu (proprietary motherboard connectors) nor gpu (as the motherboard layout is so bad you can only use low profile gpus).

His PSU is a “power supply is a 850 gold series” He bought the rig and put it together himself.

Who the hell builds a custom rig with no graphics card? or with 2005 ram amounts?

Well then. The answer is clear and easy.

1 Like

zmajuga He says he has a max of a 300$ budget US funds. Any suggestions? I know he should look for the same ram he already has but how about a GPU in that price range? I did suggest to him that he should just wait until taxes in Feb. or March

gord0 said in Can he game with this?:

Who the hell builds a custom rig with no graphics card? or with 2005 ram amounts?

Well then. The answer is clear and easy.

He said he built it in 2008 and could play WoW on it just fine then.

Wait for taxes and he can turn that into a decent rig.

1 Like

gord0 That is what I suggested. He sounds like he won’t want to spend more than 600$ USD and seems insistent on Intel though I am going to try to talk him into AMD so his money will go a bit further.

gord0 That is what I suggested. He sounds like he won’t want to spend more than 600$ USD and seems insistent on Intel though I am going to try to talk him into AMD so his money will go a bit further.

For graphics??? That’s an easy argument to win. Intel doesn’t make graphics cards. AMD and Nvidia do.

1 Like