Demon's Souls (PS5)

I want to play it as well. I can’t get my hands on a PS5 though.

I rent it with discount from my neighbour which owns a game arcade shop. Not a smart investment for me right now because I want to buy a plot of land.

If you paid a lot of money just to play an “okay” 15ish hours souls game…its definitely not a smart investment xD

1 Like

But damn if it isn’t pretty. I never thought I’d say this about a souls game, but I’ve been playing it to relax. This one is kind of therapeutic. I could see myself playing it another time or two as a different class.

I beat this in the wee hours of this morning. Overall, I don’t regret playing it. It was fairly short and had a lot worth seeing and doing. I got a little bored by the end though, I will admit. Worth playing to see what started souls life. I’d say 6/10 in large part because I am impressed by BluePoint.

Pros:

• Very pretty! BluePoint should make more games and From Software should make games with better graphics
  • Awesome music
  • Surprisingly cool level design for how old it is (they didn’t change that stuff)
  • Insanely fast loading times
  • Interesting lore if you don’t mind picking up the scraps like most souls games

Cons:

• They didn’t fix glitches or AI so maybe a little toooo faithful to the original
  • Too easy after playing the newer souls games. I started using melee more than magic here and there to make it harder but then was like meh because it wasn’t very hard still so I just stuck with the combo.
  • Magic is overpowered to the point it was broken. By the time I realized it I was too invested and didn’t want to try changing things. The range and power of magic makes it feel like you are cheesing everything even when you aren’t trying to. I made it through a fairly difficult stage only to kill the boss in 30 seconds (seriously). The boss slowly walked towards me so I shot it with magic and it died before it reached me.
  • The very last boss of the game just kind of writhed around on the ground slowly towards me and I killed it with magic too. I never saw it attack even when it got close to me so maybe it was a fake boss or something? It is part of what made me feel bored.
  • I read modern articles about how people think it is hard and it made me sad because that means people are terrible at video games.
3 Likes

Ok didn’t think you would rate it that low. I agree with the score though, the OG Demons Souls was 6/10 for me too. I don’t think it will change after I beat the remake though. I’m not gonna lie but I enjoyed Bloodborne way more than Demons Souls and both are pretty.

1 Like

You can’t rate the OG Demons Souls if you haven’t beaten it :smiley:

1 Like

Ahh that’s why you haven’t rated it yet

1 Like

I beat Demon’s Souls before you were born!

Are you 80???