Drama TV Series

So I was thinking yesterday that I enjoy shows that have a nice plot and story development and that I am impartial to drama series, ones that the viewer can relate to some extent. I haven’t watched that many, I think the last one was The Fosters, one that I enjoyed the first few episodes but then I lost interest really fast. Does anyone know a similar series that is decent enough to watch? Or whether the Fosters get better at some point?

Watch The 100. It starts out looking like a teen nightmare but it turns into an outstanding series! Scorpion is another good series. The Magicians is more sci Fi/Fantasy drama but it’s excellent as well. Teen Wolf the series from MTV falls in this category as well but another great show. Downton Abbey is supposed to be really good, I just personally haven’t gotten into it yet.

1 Like

The 100 is good, I like it. If it is drama, I always say Lost first. But who missed it and lives under a rock? :open_mouth: :smiley: The Sopranos maybe? Only drama?

1 Like

or you could watch Lucifer or Hannibal :smirk:

1 Like

Alex watch vikings ?

1 Like

I recommend Teletubbies. I heard it starts off with some drama and mystery and then turns into a thriller. The four main characters are supposed to be really engaging as well.

4 Likes

Shameless
Deadwood
Last Kingdom
Vikings
Black Sails
Blacklist
are some to start with as well.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestion folks. Any of them that are family series? (basically series that focus on a family)

Alex The Sopranos :smiley: The real family :smiley:

1 Like

Alex Downton Abbey.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Alex Yes, definitely Teletubbies

1 Like

Bloodline is a drama that focuses on a family. It’s kind of a slow burn though.

That Amazon series Bosch is pretty good if you like detective stuff and it has a bit of family drama.

1 Like

You want some family drama? Go watch Fringe! Plenty of family drama heheheheeeeeeeee

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo and, he happens to be a smoke monster as well

1 Like

sYnCroSis said in Drama TV Series:

You want some family drama? Go watch Fringe! Plenty of family drama heheheheeeeeeeee

Good point. I do love me some Fringe

1 Like

I also like 100 though I would not say it is outstanding and would say it is more Sci-Fi/fantasy than real drama. I think the Vikings is a far better series and it does indeed focus on a family. I started to watch Marvel’s Legion last night and like what I saw of the fist episode, it is a serious mind fuck which is why I think I enjoy it. I am only one episode in though. I am also liking Iron Fist as well.

Teletubbies scares me even more than those little orange fuckers in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, those singing bastards gave me nightmares for months when I fist saw it.

1 Like

Sir_diealot the 100 the last season or so hasn’t been as good as the first couple but it’s still good. That show takes such a dramatic turn in the beginning is like 2 different shows!

1 Like

Shameless is ALL about family.

Spinalfailed said in Drama TV Series:

Sir_diealot the 100 the last season or so hasn’t been as good as the first couple but it’s still good. That show takes such a dramatic turn in the beginning is like 2 different shows!
The problem with the first season is the camera man seemed to be obsessed with Clark’s breasts it was hard to tell he was shooting anything else. It has been fair, I wish The Tomorrow People would have had a longer run myself.