E3 2018 -- Command & Conquer Rivals

final nail in the coffin

You know they’re going to monetize the fifa out of this one! Goodbye child-hood memories (even though I don’t like rts games anymore lol).

GREAT COMMENT FROM YOUTUBE :laughing:

Wow, it’s almost impressive how C&C: Rivals looks nothing like a regular game in the series. You can imagine the naming process went something like:

Programmer: Okay sir, it took me all week but I finished that mobile game you asked me to make.

EA Manager: Good, is the only logical way to progress through microtransactions? And are there popups for those microtransactions on every screen?

Programmer: Sigh As you ordered sir… Are you sure we couldn’t add some actual innovative gameplay and strateg-

EA Manager: Ha, fuck no, that costs money! Also, I’m not too high about the name: Generic Strategy Game Mega Plus: Rivals, too new, too much original personality… What rights to good strategy games do we already have?

Programmer: Uhhmm… I dunno… There’s the…

EA Manager: OH! What about that defunct series we own… Ehhh… Capture and Commander!

Programmer: The fu-… You mean Command and Conquer?

EA Manager: Yeah that’s what I said. Rename the game Command and Conquer: Rivals!

Programmer: Wha- I- But this isn’t a Command and Conquer game! That series is beloved!

EA Manager: Exactly! Beloved equals bigger fanbase equals more money! Change some skins in the game and rename it!

Programmer: But sir-…

EA Manager: Did I fucking stutter?

Programmer:

EA Manager: Good. Now excuse me, I need to go and tell the news to the Board.

Walks into elevator and descends into Hell where the Board is located

3 Likes

It seems they will eventually add “rivals” to the end of each series’ name. First NFS, now C&C. Eventually we will have peggle rivals, dragon age rivals, etc.

3 Likes

I won’t lie, I will try it, but I’m expecting to be disappointed.

1 Like