Erwin is in the hospital.

ShiftySatchmo He recently did his second chemo and he’s tired as hell. (that’s what he said)
And that’s all I know!

ShiftySatchmo said in Erwin is in the hospital.:

So…does anyone know what happened with Erwin?

I believe he is still in the hospital, it has been hard to get a hold of him and find out what has been going on. He has posted a bit on GT the last week or so but nothing much. I know he is still getting his chemo treatments but not much outside of that.

2 Likes

This was posted regarding Erwin by Angel…
Earlier this year community member and Centurion Erwin Klein Haneveld was diagnosed with leukemia. A person who has leukemia suffers from an abnormal production of leukocytes (i.e. white blood cells). After months of experimental chemotherapy, his doctors told him that the treatment had failed, and recently relocated him to a hospice to await the inevitable conclusion.

Many members of our global community were beneficiaries of Erwin’s selfless gifts. He commonly gave to other members his old PC components and peripherals, as he pursued absolute perfection with his own PC, constantly upgrading to the latest gear. His acts of random kindness were so frequent, that members of the community commonly refer to him as The Awesome One - a title that Erwin enjoyed very much.

As Erwin’s body is currently being ravaged by cancer, we should always remember his kind soul and incisive mind. I recently told him, through a friend, “Erwin, your memory will live forever in our minds and your selflessness will always light our path.”

#TheAwesomeOne may you travel

At 7:50pm this evening Erwin Klein Haneveld lost his battle with leukemia and passed from our lives.

3 Likes

I am just at a loss for words, even as my heart breaks to see this… such a great guy taken from this world in such away.

3 Likes

I’m speechless. May he rest in peace. :frowning:

3 Likes

milkywayman said in Erwin is in the hospital.:

At 7:50pm this evening Erwin Klein Haneveld lost his battle with leukemia and passed from our lives.

That is terrible.

2 Likes

RIP Erwin, at least he is no longer suffering!

5 Likes

Sad to hear it. I hope his family and friends can find comfort.

2 Likes

This is very sad. Didn’t know him very well and truthfully got frustrated with him from time to time on GT. That being said, I feel for anyone who goes through what he went through and hate to see people suffer.

It’s interesting how many of us haven’t met, nor will never meet. All we see are comments written by one another that give each other an image of what each of us looks/acts/sounds like. It’s amazing that as simple as this is, we all get to know each other and develop deep connections.

I genuinely feel sorrow for him and his friends/family and even though I didn’t know him, for a brief moment, I was connected to him and part of his life like many of you were :frowning:

7 Likes

I liked Erwin, he even got me some games back in the Gtribe times. Sad we had to take parts on such messy terms, those were my last words with him. Still, followed his treatment. Rest in peace, you fought bravely.

2 Likes

buttstallion said in Erwin is in the hospital.:

I liked Erwin, he even got me some games back in the Gtribe times. Sad we had to take parts on such messy terms, those were my last words with him. Still, followed his treatment. Rest in peace, you fought bravely.

I, too, severed our friendship with the split. He was just to close to Angel. I didn’t wish him any ill will or anything I just felt it was in my best interest to remove potential drama. He was a very giving person and the world lost a good soul. I hope he had good memories as he passed into the unknown.

4 Likes

Saddened by this news. Glad that his suffering is at an end.

1 Like

He was one of the best people I have ever met such nice and beautiful guy who has helped many people including me … IDK what else should i say but I am out of the words… such wonderful people don’t deserve this fate

1 Like

Erwin was a great soul and he was a great friend. He gave me so much love and I’m greatly thankful for that. Rest in peace, Erwin.

2 Likes

I’m still on GT. I haven’t been active at all on there or even here. I check in every once in a while and knew somewhat of Erwin’s condition. I didn’t know it took a turn for the worst. I had a couple good conversations with him back before the split. I feel bad not staying in some sort of communication to at least check in on him through his battle. I didn’t agree with a lot that happened between former GT members, Erwin and Angel but Erwin will always be one of the most selfless and generous persons I’ve ever had the chance to interact with. He will be missed.

4 Likes

I will miss our Debates about Hardware with him and Naumann. Among other things. Talked alot with him before he became a Centurion. But i still did so from time to time. But the news were a real shock for me. Have cried a bit, but Erwin is worth every tear.

3 Likes

meffflenn When i found out, I accualy broke down into tears and screamed obsenaties that caused people to come running to make sure I was ok.

2 Likes

wow.

my thoughts and prayers are with his family, and also any of you that were close to him.

I didn’t have much interaction, other than he gave me a game once, and I always thought he seemed very nice and generous as a person.

3 Likes

Sorry I have not replied before now, I was close to Erwin and seeing this thread is how I found out that he had passed. It took me by surprise, I knew he was sick and that things were not going well but the suddenness of it all just cut me like a knife. I spent some time last night in my girlfriend arms crying over the loss of my friend.

I spent many many long hours speaking on Skype doing video calls with Erwin right up until the time he was diagnosed and wish those calls had continued but I think he did not want me or others to see his failing health.

Erwin was a big help to me when I found out that my eldest nephew has Asperger Syndrome as Erwin has (Sorry, had) it himself. He took the time to answer questions about it and to tell me some of what he had been through with it and how the Asperger mind works and sees things as it is not the same as the so called “normal person” sees things and it has helped me a lot in dealing with my nephew.

Let’s not forget how much Erwin went out of his way to help people, whether it be by giving them computer parts, games or just good advise on parts to get for their builds. (My build is mostly Erwin’s suggestions with the exception of the current memory)

Because of the way I was brought up I do not get very close to many people but I have to say I am thankful that I got to know Erwin and I am proud that I could call him my friend. I love and miss you already brother.

11 Likes