F1 2017 - Belgian GP

sir_diealot Don’t worry, after Belgium, we are leaving Europe, the races will be in your time zone and we have to watch it the middle of the night :smiley:

1 Like

buttstallion Monza is in Europe.

1 Like

trainsmash Oh right, totally forgot about that. So after Monza :smiley:

0_1503795129511_chrome_2017-08-27_02-52-03.png

1 Like

Kimi messed up his lap, but it is good to see him on it and was shaping up to be better than Vettel. Still got my fingers crossed… King of Spa.

Alonso was impressive and Honda power unit is improving. Not enough though.
Renault as a team coming good and dare I say their chassis is actually looking better than Force India and Torro Rosso. Their power unit is where the biggest improvement is required.

Think I will try and sleep early and wake up for this one.

1 Like

trainsmash Renault was super impressive. Especially Palmer showing off once he finally got his hands on the same car as Hulk. I like Nico, but Palmer is hungry this weekend and looking to beat his teammate and quiet some critics (though he could always just crash :stuck_out_tongue: ). Then Force India is playing really loose with their setup to be where they are too. They’ve been the most reliable team all season but I don’t think both cars are finishing tomorrow. And Toro Rosso is bipolar, never know what youre getting. And Williams is ripe for the picking. Renault could be climbing that Constructor’s Standings for sure. You might not be far off with your thoughts on the team in yellow!

1 Like

Was about to post my two cents and had to delete it All. In case I spoiled it for those that haven’t seen it.

1 Like

trainsmash Well I think you were last in line so you would’ve been safe :stuck_out_tongue:

Hamilton out drove Vettel there. I think Lewis is dressing it up a little of course with his interviews but end of the day, that’s the situation.

Perez my man… Always had a soft spot for Force India over the years. Perez snuck up as my favorite for awhile but man. Some downright selfish driving this year versus Ocon finally culminated there. I thought one of the pink cars would miss out from attrition but go figure, they collide again… Twice.

Hulk shows up race time and gets Renault the points they deserved.

Massa shows his experience along with Grosjean.

And how about that freakin Aussie? He is very quietly racking up podiums. 6 of 12 so far. Always in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Yeah Hamilton on softs vs Vettel’s ultras was interesting that the merc still had the pace. Reality is that when Ferrari hit the wall out of the slip stream, it was just slower. Still not able to follow cars ahead in F1. If you can’t do it in Spa, then there is no chance else where I’m afraid.

The Hulk was awesome as usual, give that man a car damn it.
Contracts preventing Alonso (or any good driver) from getting a decent drive is just rubbish.

Perez highlighted why I think he does not belong in F1 and where was Torro Rosso and Williams.

All in all, it was a poor statement for F1 in general, but it was phenomenal to see a race run at a 100% pace. Vettel and Hamilton went toe to toe for the entire distance. This was the major positive for F1… no sand bagging, just 100% effort from flag to flag.

Riccairdo, should be named the silent assassin, just in the background constantly, proofing that he is a F1 great. Remember to that he had the measure of Vettel when they were Team mates.

F1 is in a poor position, but I think it can still improve and it is better positioned than years gone by. Look forward to Monza at least.

That upgraded Mercedes engine looked amazing. 2 tyre difference and still made it. Before the SC restart. I thought this is an easy Ferrari 1-2. Really surprising podium. Stupid Rai mistake cost the 3rd place. Max is really racing with Alonso this year in the matter of DNFs. Poor kid. I really hated him first with his stupid young driving style, but he learned and improved a lot, sad to see him like this. Palmer had different qualy settings than Hülk, but during the race it was clear who the boss. Perez is arrogant and aggresive, not the first time to damage his teammate. A good driver, but his attitude is everything but not acceptable. I think Monza will bring a very similar result, with Bottas in the podium.

1 Like
1 Like

Just got to sit and watch the race today, that was quite the collision with the Force India team and so unnecessary. Really enjoying this more than I realized, so glad I gave it a chance, I still hate NASCAR though. Indy Car is going to be 20 minutes down the road today in Watkins Glen this weekend, wish I had the money to go see that.

2 Likes