Fate/EXTELLA - The Umbral Star

So this is my next game! Think Dynasty Warriors mixed with jrpg story mixed with the matrix…and it’s that. Performance wise I get a solid 1440p60 in crossfire mode at max settings. Though this game looks like ps2 quality so I imagine single card mode would run the same. Only gripe is you have to run a separate launcher in order to set any useful settings. No in game menu. Will post more later!

Oh also, note that on steam it’s only called Fate/EXTELLA, but on the title screen and on all console vers it’s called Fate/EXTELLA The Umbral Star. Why? Because Japan, that’s why. lol

Hmm, the description sounds like I would like it. Let me know how it is!

It’s quite good so far. The story is split up into 3 arcs and probaly 8 to 10 side arcs. With each more gaps are filled in. So story-wise it steadily continues to get better as you go. Gameplay-wise it’s dynasty warriors. Even Lu Bu is in it. Though I don’t think any of the other characters are from DW. I like it better than DW because there’s no corridors. You effectively teleport from zone to zone so the strategy is much quicker paced. The matrix bit is just that everyone is software.

Will post more after I beat it.

1 Like

gord0 I wish you watched the anime so you can tell me if the game is some kind of continuation from the anime.

katsuo said in Fate/EXTELLA - The Umbral Star:

gord0 I wish you watched the anime so you can tell me if the game is some kind of continuation from the anime.

I definitely get the feeling I’m missing a lot of back-story. Is it a long anime?

gord0 said in Fate/EXTELLA - The Umbral Star:

katsuo said in Fate/EXTELLA - The Umbral Star:

I definitely get the feeling I’m missing a lot of back-story. Is it a long anime?

I just read it on Fate WIKI. Apparently, Fate/EXTELLA isn’t part of the anime series but it’s a sequel (I think) to 2 Fate/EXTRA games, which came out on PSP.

Well I beat it…or at least as much as I want to beat it. I’ve completed all 4 main story arcs and all but one of the side arcs. The main story is pretty damn good. The gameplay is just meh dynasty warriors. Recommended.

1 Like