February 2017 -- Changelog

2/24/2017

Config Changes

• Updated to NodeBB 1.4.4

2/23/2017

Config Changes

• Purchased a dedicated CloudFlare certificate
    • Only $5 a month (though still more than a cert should be)
    • Big driver was to have a cert dedicated to us, adds some additional security to the site (YAY)
  • Greatly enjoying not having a lot of changes, hurray!

You gonna be alright with paying all that stuff? Don’t go bankrupt plx :’(

Katsuo said in February 2017 -- Changelog:

You gonna be alright with paying all that stuff? Don’t go bankrupt plx :cry:

Haha. I am lucky and have a good job. It is worth paying for to have this place. I think my monthly expenses amount to like $65 a month now for this? Higher than I thought, but totally worth it IMO. The biggest thing is the fancy embeds, haha. That service is not cheap :wink:

1 Like

teh_g Omg…I’m gonna save up some money and give it to you. I didn’t know it’s that priceyyyy

teh_g Can’t wait for GX premium xD

1 Like

I want Dawn of War 3 key with my premium god power.
But seriously, we can help with the costs a little just say the word.

1 Like

ButtStallion I talked to him about that at one of the first days and he told me that it would be a problem with taxes. But if that is no problem anymore, just let us know.

Katsuo PeaceLeon ButtStallion

Thanks for offering! Yeah, if I take donations of any kind for the site, it turns into a weird tax issue of accepting money. It sort of kind of falls into a gift, but since it is geared towards a site it makes it hard to argue.

If it is a problem ever, I will let people know. I just hate dealing with taxes, so it is easier this way :smiley:

You guys can pool money and get me games every once in a while, haha (please don’t, I have too many)

Edit: Plus, I can write this off on my taxes as a hobby expense I think!

1 Like

People could just give you money as a gift for no reason and you could spend it on other things. That’s tax free as long as the gift doesn’t exceed $10k (but I’m not a tax pro so you should ask an EA)

ShiftySatchmo said in February 2017 -- Changelog:

People could just give you money as a gift for no reason and you could spend it on other things. That’s tax free as long as the gift doesn’t exceed $10k (but I’m not a tax pro so you should ask an EA)

I wish I knew some people that understood taxes. How do you know what money is spent where though. Can you even assign digital money to an item?!

teh_g haha it’s just money in money out. If your reported income doesn’t match your actual income uh oh.

If you said $5 on this site is a donation or service or something that would be tax city. With an official button and everything. If I just say hey geran here is $5 that’s a gift to you. You can spend it on this site if you want to.

I’m not a tax pro. Ask Dave haha

1 Like

Updated and stuff.

1 Like

All day yesterday I kept getting a warning box in the bottom right with something along the lines of “Your connection to GamingExodus has been lost, trying to reconnect” and up by the search on top there was just the constant spinning “hourglass” loading thing. And I couldn’t like/reply/etc but could browse fine. I’m about 100% certain it was something on my end because everything worked fine when I logged in with private browsing then also normally once I deleted GX from my history. Thought I’d mention it though, on the off chance somebody else is in the same boat and can see but not speak.

schlitty said in February 2017 -- Changelog:

All day yesterday I kept getting a warning box in the bottom right with something along the lines of “Your connection to GamingExodus has been lost, trying to reconnect” and up by the search on top there was just the constant spinning “hourglass” loading thing. And I couldn’t like/reply/etc but could browse fine. I’m about 100% certain it was something on my end because everything worked fine when I logged in with private browsing then also normally once I deleted GX from my history. Thought I’d mention it though, on the off chance somebody else is in the same boat and can see but not speak.

Hmm, weird. I didn’t notice anything on my side. One thing that can help in situations like that is to just refresh the page. It forces a redownload of some of the javascript assets, and forces websockets to reconnect. It fixes some stuff if I did an upgrade while your session was open.

teh_g It was all day and roughly 10 separate visits with plenty of refreshes. I’m pretty certain it was on my end. Everything has been on the up and up since I cleaned up the browser. :smiley:

1 Like

teh_g It was all day and roughly 10 separate visits with plenty of refreshes. I’m pretty certain it was on my end. Everything has been on the up and up since I cleaned up the browser. :smiley:

Weird. Good old internets.

It’s just shitty connectivity on your end. Happens to my phone a lot when I switch IPs, on my laptop whenever I wake it up… etc…

1 Like