Firefox beta

I feel like I am back in 2004 using Firefox again. The new beta is great, it meets Chrome in a lot of performance benchmarks and beats it in a few as well!

I’ve been slowly trying to go back to open source software and using less things that track the shit out of me.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/firefox-57-beta-project-quantum,35541.html

teh_g said in /404:

I feel like I am back in 2004 using Firefox again. The new beta is great, it meets Chrome in a lot of performance benchmarks and beats it in a few as well!

I’ve been slowly trying to go back to open source software and using less things that track the shit out of me.

'Project Quantum' Doubles Firefox's Performance In Latest Beta | Tom's Hardware

I’ve always liked ff better. Mostly due to the dev tools working better. I only use chome for google hangouts voice/video chat and netflix…and on my phone. Mobile firefox is kinda janky.

gord0 But Chrome can only handle 720p on Netflix, why use it?

buttstallion said in Firefox beta:

gord0 But Chrome can only handle 720p on Netflix, why use it?

I generally watch on a shity 1080p tv at couch distance, so I don’t notice. The only way to get 1080p+ is edge or ie on windows, safari on osx, chrome on chrome os, or any dedicated app. None of these are linux solutions.

Why chrome? Watching netflix through a vpn doesn’t work with linux firefox. At least not last time I checked.

I always use FF. Only time I use chrome or IE is when these dumb companies for work program camera systems to use things that FF blocks.

gord0 Oh, I see. I used IE just to see the difference, but after that I installed the Netflix app on my win10 instead. My tv is old school, 720p without any usb ports etc, so I use my pc for everything :smiley:

Speed aside, the big advantage are the add.ons for Firefox, so i can configure the browser to my liking and to my needs. That is why i stayed or did come back to Firefox always pretty quick again. Because the other browsers don´t have the same “ergonomics”, functions or usability of a good configurated Firefox.

buttstallion said in Firefox beta:

gord0 Oh, I see. I used IE just to see the difference, but after that I installed the Netflix app on my win10 instead. My tv is old school, 720p without any usb ports etc, so I use my pc for everything :smiley:

When it comes to videos, I don’t care about quality very much. I save my cares for gaming.

I also appreciate that I can use uBlock Origin on the mobile version of Firefox.

FF for the win. I usually use other browsers to download FF for the fresh system. :smiley:

zmajuga I use Ninite on a fresh install, I dont need a browser to download another :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes