Firefox beta

I feel like I am back in 2004 using Firefox again. The new beta is great, it meets Chrome in a lot of performance benchmarks and beats it in a few as well!

I’ve been slowly trying to go back to open source software and using less things that track the shit out of me.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/firefox-57-beta-project-quantum,35541.html

teh_g said in /404:

I feel like I am back in 2004 using Firefox again. The new beta is great, it meets Chrome in a lot of performance benchmarks and beats it in a few as well!

I’ve been slowly trying to go back to open source software and using less things that track the shit out of me.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/firefox-57-beta-project-quantum,35541.html

I’ve always liked ff better. Mostly due to the dev tools working better. I only use chome for google hangouts voice/video chat and netflix…and on my phone. Mobile firefox is kinda janky.

gord0 But Chrome can only handle 720p on Netflix, why use it?

buttstallion said in Firefox beta:

gord0 But Chrome can only handle 720p on Netflix, why use it?

I generally watch on a shity 1080p tv at couch distance, so I don’t notice. The only way to get 1080p+ is edge or ie on windows, safari on osx, chrome on chrome os, or any dedicated app. None of these are linux solutions.

Why chrome? Watching netflix through a vpn doesn’t work with linux firefox. At least not last time I checked.

I always use FF. Only time I use chrome or IE is when these dumb companies for work program camera systems to use things that FF blocks.

gord0 Oh, I see. I used IE just to see the difference, but after that I installed the Netflix app on my win10 instead. My tv is old school, 720p without any usb ports etc, so I use my pc for everything :smiley:

Speed aside, the big advantage are the add.ons for Firefox, so i can configure the browser to my liking and to my needs. That is why i stayed or did come back to Firefox always pretty quick again. Because the other browsers don´t have the same “ergonomics”, functions or usability of a good configurated Firefox.

buttstallion said in Firefox beta:

gord0 Oh, I see. I used IE just to see the difference, but after that I installed the Netflix app on my win10 instead. My tv is old school, 720p without any usb ports etc, so I use my pc for everything :smiley:

When it comes to videos, I don’t care about quality very much. I save my cares for gaming.

I also appreciate that I can use uBlock Origin on the mobile version of Firefox.

FF for the win. I usually use other browsers to download FF for the fresh system. :smiley:

zmajuga I use Ninite on a fresh install, I dont need a browser to download another :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes