Going to be a good couple of weeks...

Yup, heard it here folks. This is what the next few weeks look like for this happy guy.
Tonight: Sevendust + Gemini Syndrome concert + Skyrim Special Edition unlocks
Tomorrow: Payday/ ordering my i7 +mobo+ Ram combo/ getting half the payment for the computer stuff I’m replacing
Saturday: Surprise the girlfriend by going to a special screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show

Next week: Halloween, Upgrades should get in, No exams in school

Week After: Dishonored 2

Thought I’d share, since it’s pretty nice, methinks.

Mmmmm nice vibe hereee. Me likes this.

1 Like

I want your Dishonored 2 and no exam week :smiley:
Sounds amazing, enjoy the next weeks and make a commentary here :smiley:

1 Like

tat2teel Happy weeks ahead! Sounds great!

1 Like

tat2teel Sounds like a fun week.

1 Like

Upgrade came out to right around $300 (taking into consideration the money I’m making from selling my old parts to a coworker)
Here’s what I got;
i5 6600k
Asus B150 Pro Gaming Aura Mobo
16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz Ram
Hyper 212 Evo

Overall I’d say, other than this sinking feeling in my stomach I get when I buy stuff, that I’m pretty satisfied with this purchase.

1 Like

Enjoy !

tat2teel Only have one question… why a 6600k if your buying a B150? A unlocked processor on a B150? Why not a Z170 which is for overclocking?

1 Like

Gorkie It was mostly due to me overlooking that part, since I won’t need to do much overclocking anyway (I know “K” but I also don’t care). Also of note, it that for me, at least, it’s much easier to replace a single part (mobo) than an entire mobo+Ram+Processor. Also the i5 6600k was only a little most expensive than the i5-6600 So if I decide to do that I’ll just upgrade in a year’s time or so.

Regardless, I’m happy with my choices and am not gonna let “Coulda, Shoulda” ruin it for me.

How’s the hunt for your upgrade(s) coming btw?

1 Like

And the 6600K has better, 3,5 Ghz clock speed :stuck_out_tongue: I use a 6600K in my pc, but during the summer, i set back the original clock speeds, because it was sometimes very hot. Did not set the oc clock back since that and it does an awesome job still. Maybe I will only use oc only when it is used for a couple of years . Not sure. But still overpowered, if you just use the factory clock speeds.

1 Like

tat2teel

Parts to be ordered at this point are as follows by month in order to afford it. Subject to change if certain parts change in price or better goes on sale cheaper.

MSI RX 480 8gb Gaming X. (November)
ASUS H170 Pro Gaming (December)
4x4gb Team Elite 2400mhz DDR4 (December)
Intel I5 6500 (Janurary)
1x Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP CPU Cooler(Janurary)
2 Packs (5 Per Pack) Arctic F12 Fans PWM (Janurary)
1x NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller (Janurary)

1 Like

Gorkie Super stoked for you bro. I kept seeing the posts and I was like, “I really hope things work out for this guy, seems like he really needs/wants this.” I remember back in the day we were supposed to play Dragon Age together, but something happened and we didnt. Maybe in the not too distant future, we can finally get in on that with our updated rigs. Also PeaceLeon is great at carrying people through in MP lol.

2 Likes

tat2teel Looking forward to playing some DA:I in ultra with the new rig when its done :smiley:

1 Like