Half-Life 3 unconfirmed: every rumor, hoax, and leak in one place

(2+0+1+9)/1/4=3

3 Likes

Let me just get this out of the way. This game is being made in secret, but the secret is out, HL3 is coming out today, just kidding, April Fools, ok go back to life now

2 Likes

Until we wait. Do we agree?

I didnā€™t watch it, but I will say I did love HL2 and the episodes. The gravity gun was great! The driving and boating(?) Levels were not.

Valve should make another remaster if theyā€™re not going to make more games.

Black Mesa Xen levels are almost completedā€¦or they say. That gives another reason to replay the hole game from the beginning.

The greatest thing about half life is counter strike

Iā€™ve been waiting on that for multiple years.

HB Gordon

1 Like

My birthday is in may XD

4 Likes

Still not a HL3

1 Like

I still romanticize Valve like many others. I like to believe Valve can make games and still are capable of being the tip top tier of level design. And parts of The Lab showed how they can potentially do some of that magic in the VR realm. The spaceship shooter in The Lab is still top 3 gameplay feel in standing VR at this point (which is sad). But Iā€™m not throwing any more cash at hardware if itā€™s only geared toward the new Index controllers. I simply donā€™t use my headset enough to invest more. Also Iā€™m a corny HL1 purist that thinks the characters/story of HL2 added no value to the gameplay experience (TLDR version of that; ambiguity and perceived freedom of 1 > characters/story path of 2). So I canā€™t get overly excited about something centered around ā€œAlyxā€ and probably that dumb Dog. I want to believe Valve has some magic to add to VR though! Hopefully there is fun to be had and with regular olā€™ wands. I mean gravity gun in VR seems like an easy layup right? Give me that practice yard from HL2 with more shit to fling around and Iā€™d be happy.

1 Like

I actually liked 2 and itā€™s expansions way more than 1 and itā€™s dlc. And going back to 1 in 2019 would be a jank overload. We need a remaster.

And not the fan-made one thatā€™s probably never going to be finished.

1 Like

Well Iā€™ll be, actually confirmed;

2 Likes

Why does it have to be fucking vr. : /

1 Like

They are just posted an update stating all Xen levels are completed and only need testing and tweaking.

1 Like

Reportedly ~15hrs of gameplay depending on exploration according to this article;

Steam page (60USD, 54 preorder, mentions of map workshop support on release, some extra index features, free for Index owners too, etc);

More stuff on HL website;

Edit: An interview;

1 Like

Damn it, it looks amazing, is this Source 2? I need a vr asap.

The map workshop tools it is shipping with are Source 2 tools so Iā€™d imagine some version of it. ā€œBuilt from the ground up for VRā€ is a thing they say on all the pages.

1 Like

This is exactly what VR has needed, some AAA goodness. My Vive has served me well, but this solidifies that Iā€™ll be switching to an Index very soon. Have been holding out hope for a holiday sale.

4 Likes