Halloween Movie Marathon Suggestions?

teh_g, ShiftySatchmo, some of our other friends and I used to get together yearly on a Saturday close to Halloween and spend the entire day marathoning through scary movies.

Sadly, we live pretty far from each other now, but I’ve continued the tradition with some friends close by for the last few years. So, looking for suggestions on which movies to watch this year.

Criteria: No demon/ satanic stuff… not into that. Good scares. No cheese. Humor mixed with scares is fine. Looking for movies that came out in the last year or two as we’ve seen a lot of the older ones over the years. Some good examples of recent goodies are Split, The Visit, and Housebound.

If you leave a recommendation, please include the YouTube trailer link. Thanks!

Warning: It Comes at Night is wayyyy slower and less actiony than the trailer makes it seem, but I liked it.

1 Like

buttstallion lol damn it his criteria was last year or two!

shiftysatchmo Stupid criteria, ignore it :stuck_out_tongue:

sYnCroSis the problem with trailers is they ruin a ton of the best parts of these movies. I would suggest you do not watch the trailers.

Some of my favourite ones… modern horrors i only watched couple and are on the list but have some stuff on my “to watch list” XD

The thing
The others
The descent
Martin
Fright night
The wicker man
Train to Busan
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Green room
The evil dead
Night of the living dead
The witch

oh yeah, forgot this one.

buttstallion Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is nice for giggles XD

2 Likes

walruswitalys said in Halloween Movie Marathon Suggestions?:

buttstallion Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is nice for giggles XD

I agree. Tucker and Dale vs Evil was great.

2 Likes

teh_g You know he has seen it damn youuuu

2 Likes

shiftysatchmo You guys watched any Simon Pegg movies ?

walruswitalys Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I loooove Hot Fuzz.

shiftysatchmo I watched all his movies love his work

Saw Tucker and Dale, was funnnnnyyyy. No one I know has seen Housebound. Please watch it, funny and scary, great movie set in New Zealand

2 Likes

syncrosis Added to my list :wink:

1 Like

Classic Helloween Movie in Germany
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQ3cCtwGpc
and after you prepare one yourself

and after that maybe some comedy movie :wink: