Help! I've changed something here, and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Ok, you know how when you are in your web browser, and you hit a key, and it goes completely wonky, but you don’t know what combo you hit, and can’t fix it? I’ve done something like that here apparently.

Something has changed, when I am replying, but I just can’t put my finger on it, it just looks “different.”

Also, and more importantly, scroll does not work. when I type, and it goes off page, it does not automatically scroll, so I can’t see what is below the page. And can’t scroll at all in the preview pane. I was in the middle of typing the latest Kyssandra entry, and those things are so long, there is no way I can finish it like this.

The header looks different, the tails on the p’s and g’s aren’t showing. Anyone have any ideas? Its like there is more below the page, but it won’t scroll down to see it. I have restarted my brower several times, discarded the post and started again, and even rebooted.

No dice. I am now typing below the page, and I can’t see it. And its ONLY on this web apge, everyon wehre else , evertything is working fine…

help!

Polekatt moved to Tech Support

1 Like

Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Do that then close and open the browser.

Have you tried another browser?

Have you tried blaming administrators ?

2 Likes

Clearing the cache did not do it. I blame the administrators !!

But no, that didn’t fix it. Whatever happened, it happened in mid post tonight. And to reiterate, its only on this forum. I’ve gone over to some other forums and tested and everything works fine on other forums and pages.

So. I know it works for me :smiley:

Can you try another browser? Does logging out and logging back in do things?

Polekatt said in /404:

Ok, you know how when you are in your web browser, and you hit a key, and it goes completely wonky, but you don’t know what combo you hit, and can’t fix it? I’ve done something like that here apparently.

Something has changed, when I am replying, but I just can’t put my finger on it, it just looks “different.”

Also, and more importantly, scroll does not work. when I type, and it goes off page, it does not automatically scroll, so I can’t see what is below the page. And can’t scroll at all in the preview pane. I was in the middle of typing the latest Kyssandra entry, and those things are so long, there is no way I can finish it like this.

The header looks different, the tails on the p’s and g’s aren’t showing. Anyone have any ideas? Its like there is more below the page, but it won’t scroll down to see it. I have restarted my brower several times, discarded the post and started again, and even rebooted.

No dice. I am now typing below the page, and I can’t see it. And its ONLY on this web apge, everyon wehre else , evertything is working fine…

help!

This recently started happening to me… but mostly with osx:

Just hit the button circled in green in the previous screen shot and it’ll look like this:

The button gord0 mentioned should help. That will expand it all the way up to the top.

Sometimes that don’t work, but switching the browser to full screen does…

I’ve tried the button, and making it full screen both, neither works. I have not tried a different browser, or logging out yet.

I will try them tomorrow, also, I will try at work, on my laptop, and see what happens.

But this is an example of what is happening.

See, a scroll bar appears for just a second, correctly, then it looks like this, and I can’t use it. This is all I see, I can’t scroll down past two or three of the test lines.
Also, there is no scroll bar over in the preview screen, and there used to be.

test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test

Polekatt Can you just put the mouse over that section and use the scroll wheel? That is really weird though. I have no idea why it wouldn’t work for you.

I mean it’s a long shot, but have you checked all of your keyboard stuff to make sure there isn’t some weird thing activated?

teh_g said in Help! I've changed something here, and I can't figure out how to fix it.:

Polekatt Can you just put the mouse over that section and use the scroll wheel? That is really weird though. I have no idea why it wouldn’t work for you.

I tried that, doesn’t work. The only way I can quote-reply on my mac is to fully maximize the window and/or hit that button. Only happened once on my main rig with ubuntu. Never happens on my phone or my pc laptop.

gord0 also, I use ff on everything but my mobiles. For those I use chrome.

gord0 said in Help! I've changed something here, and I can't figure out how to fix it.:

I tried that, doesn’t work. The only way I can quote-reply on my mac is to fully maximize the window and/or hit that button. Only happened once on my main rig with ubuntu. Never happens on my phone or my pc laptop.

I have no idea why it wouldn’t work. I can poke around on the NodeBB community and see if anyone else has seen that.

I started writing some of my longer posts in Notepad and just using the Markdown notation. I rarely have long posts though…

OK, here is the Weird thing. I finally got around to trying it on my laptop at work.
It is doing the SAME THING.
So its NOT the browser or computer at home, its somehow something in this board, and tied to my account, or it wouldn’t carry over here.

teh_g scroll wheel does not work. It does nothing. But it used to work. Now, when I click on this window, or the preview box, I can’t scroll with the mouse wheel or a bar. The weird thing is that it actually does work properly for a second, then it changes thto this.
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test

test

If you hit F12 to open the developer tools in the browser, does the error console show anything?

teh_g actually, it does!

Under console error, it says this, highlighted, -

TypeError: $(…).attr(…) is undefined

And under the Inspector tab, it has a lot of these-

font-family: sans-serif;
-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; and after it, it says invalid property value.

Polekatt said in Help! I've changed something here, and I can't figure out how to fix it.:

TypeError

Do you have zoom enabled in the browser? I wonder if it dislikes being zoomed in on?

2 Likes