Horizon Zero Dawn

Anyone play the dlc? The only way I’m playing it is if I replay the entire game. Is it worth it?

gord0 said in Horizon Zero Dawn:

Anyone play the dlc? The only way I’m playing it is if I replay the entire game. Is it worth it?

PeaceLeon did and I was basically speedrunning it for the trophy. The DLC is exactly the same as the main game only in winter haha
If I remember correctly, even the enemies are more or less the same. They just have different colors.
It’s worth playing it only if you really liked the main game.

katsuo said in Horizon Zero Dawn:

PeaceLeon did and I was basically speedrunning it for the trophy. The DLC is exactly the same as the main game only in winter haha
If I remember correctly, even the enemies are more or less the same. They just have different colors.

I did like the main game, BUT I completely forget the controls, what weapons I have and what they’re for, how stats/gear work, and most of the story. If I load up my save from the first play through, I’ll be lost in every sense. So the only way I’m playing the dlc is if I start a new game and replay the whole game. That said, is the dlc my time?

I did like the main game, BUT I completely forget the controls, what weapons I have and what they’re for, how stats/gear work, and most of the story. If I load up my save from the first play through, I’ll be lost in every sense. So the only way I’m playing the dlc is if I start a new game and replay the whole game. That said, is the dlc my time?

If I were you, I would just load up my old save, read what my weapons do and start killing random monsters until I get the hang of it. Story in the DLC is completely non-related to the main game so it doesn’t matter if you know what happened in the main game. But to replay the whole game just for ~8 hours of the DLC? I wouldn’t go for it.

If I were you, I would just load up my old save, read what my weapons do and start killing random monsters until I get the hang of it. Story in the DLC is completely non-related to the main game so it doesn’t matter if you know what happened in the main game. But to replay the whole game just for ~8 hours of the DLC? I wouldn’t go for it.

And so it was written! gord0 did not replay the game. gord0 did not play the dlc…

1 Like

…until they released a steam copy. I so wish I had waited for the pc version. It looks and feels so nice at ultra settings at >=60fps at 1440p (usually >80fps). From what I’ve read, the ps4 pro equivalent settings are if you set everything to medium…at least for fidelity, your frames would shoot through the roof if you picked that preset, meanwhile the pro only did 30fps.

2 Likes

Zzzzzz game

Says the guy who still plays Destiny 2

1 Like

That would explain the crap performance. Yeah I got it working on ultra>60, but only at 1440p and I’m immune to fps fluctuations due to gsync. Still looks way better than ps4 pro though.

It has 5 campaigns. Why wouldn’t I?

Says the guy who bought it for me!

2 Likes

I wish he would buy me games!

The worst part is, I finished the game twice or so.

Maybe soon

Got it with my Ryzen 3900x, gifted it. I finished it on PS4 though.

1 Like

This will be my final playthrough. I just really wanted to play it at a normal framerate with pc grade graphics settings… also it’s been long enough that I forget most of the game. Just minor dejavous here and there.

1 Like

I haven’t bought a game in like a year and a half. Katsuo just buys me games so often.

1 Like

Just beat it again. Still as good as I last reported when I played on ps4, except it’s so much better to look at at 1440p>60 at ultra preset (two levels higher than ps4 pro). Mouse aiming is a fucking godsend too. Recommended if you have a 2080ti and gsync monitor due them not patching the performance yet. Once they do that, totally recommended. I should have been able to rock that game at at least 2160p>60 at ultra. Oh well.