Huge Intel processor design flaw

gord0 I believe it is a Windows-specific issue having to do with their patch.

shiftysatchmo said in Huge Intel processor design flaw:

gord0 I believe it is a Windows-specific issue having to do with their patch.

I’ll just wait then. I’m in no hurry. I’m mostly in linux or osx anyway.

gord0 wonder if it is on an older chipset

I believe they said it was Phenom and older ones that had risks of BSODs.

1 Like

teh_g good thing I upgraded over the summer then because I was on a phenom!

teh_g said in Huge Intel processor design flaw:

gord0 wonder if it is on an older chipset

I believe they said it was Phenom and older ones that had risks of BSODs.

I have a phenom box that’s been collecting dust for a while. Don’t see it being used again any time soon though.

shiftysatchmo Nope not I, FX 8320 with the update and no issues.

Intel’s own benchmarks

Intel comfirmed that Haswell and Broadwell processors are getting blue deaths more often than others and they are working on a solution.

buttstallion said in Huge Intel processor design flaw:

Intel comfirmed that Haswell and Broadwell processors are getting blue deaths more often than others and they are working on a solution.

Suck it Intel.

Intel does not recommend installing the already released fixes of Spectre and Meltdown.

buttstallion “Don’t install this security patch, yeah…”

Linus also tore into someone at Intel: http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.2/04628.html

1 Like

teh_g Nice :smiley: I don’t know if it is because of the fix, but my games, especially F1 2017 have huge lags during gaming nowadays. Never had these kind of lags before, but I had several blue deaths and annoying fps drops during gameplay.
I need to reroll the BIOS and see the difference.

1 Like

Geez Intel OCD syndrome guys? if you don’t like what you bought I will recommend selling and buying Atari :slight_smile: or ZX spectrum or what ever makes you happy (in any way don’t expect free PC upgrade soon) … This is typical news rant where one idiot says one thing then another idiot copy re-edit and produce bigger more interesting story with plot-twist … so read in between lines … but use brain before installing software patches / firmware with out of reading what it will do to your system … Windows Update is not the place where you will select all MS crap and then press YES button with out of testing that crap on isolated machine and see what will happen … same goes for firmware … It was never that simple, but it will become more complex with time

1 Like

I’m not installing any fixes, whether it be Intel patch, Asus bios patch or win 10 patch. I’ve been using my Haswell for over 3,5 years without patches and without problems.

1 Like