Insane Steam Link Deal

I did this because I have a network that will support 1080p/60fps streaming…and wow crazy deal. This game I never heard of that looks alright plus steam link for under $17 after shipping fees!

I got one too…

2 Likes

teh_g what choice did you have?

1 Like

I was lucky that my friend was visiting his family in USA so I managed to buy it. I’m 100% satisfied with it. I does what it’s supposed to do and that’s streaming.

Just use ethernet cable instead of wifi and you’re good to go. :smiley:

Is it still US only?

I think. I wasn’t able to buy it through steam so I bought it through Amazon.

katsuo Steam says they will ship it for 15.80 Euro to me. Still no :smiley:

ShiftySatchmo. gord0 posted about this game and he enjoyed it

1 Like

katsuo EU … price is 28€ with included shipping and game :slight_smile: so i bought damn thing

1 Like

can you plug controllers into the steam link?

As in, if I use this to put it to my tv, how do I get my desired controller method over there?

1 Like

polekatt
HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS

Overview
1080p resolution at 60 FPS
Wired 100 Mbit/s Fast Ethernet and Wireless 802.11ac 2x2 (MIMO) networking abilities
3 USB 2.0 ports
Bluetooth 4.0
HDMI out
Supports Steam Controller (sold separately,) Xbox One or 360 Wired Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710, or keyboard and mouseHARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS

thanks Mark2K77 I have a wired Logitech 310 gamepad. I ‘bet’ it would work… for $1 plus shipping I might have to try and see. hahaha

1 Like

polekatt yea it handles my XB controller no problem

mark2k77 said in Insane Steam Link Deal:

katsuo EU … price is 28€ with included shipping and game :slight_smile: so i bought damn thing

Unfortunately, it’s not available for me :confused:

I would buy it like, right now if it’s available for me.

I can verify that my wired Saitek P3200 Rumble Pad Xbox360/PC controller works great. Also no problems with cheap wireless keyboard/mouse Logitech combo.

I like to play games before I go to sleep, so a great thing with Steam Link is that you can shut down computer through it without leaving warm and cozy bed. XD

zmajuga How much does the latency and degradation in quality bug You? It was noticeable enough for me to be slightly disappointed.

Oh one more thing which you can do :slight_smile: with this toy

Streaming video on Steam Link

But I guess that Windows Media center will also work fine on this way … or any other similar software … Would be nice if I could connect my USB remote controller on this :slight_smile:

syncrosis when I streamed on a PC the quality didn’t bug me because I was on a couch looking at a TV further away and it seemed pretty close to normal. The annoying part is I have to make sure I change everything to be 1080p unless they made it adaptive since then. I wouldn’t use it for twitch shooting or online stuff but there are a lot of games where a slight input lag won’t hurt much.

shiftysatchmo Ya know, now that I think of it, I wonder how much of that lag was due to my tv too…

1 Like

syncrosis definitely possible.