July 2018 -- Changelog

07/06/2018

Changes

• By popular demand, I decreased the reply required characters to 3 characters, and minimum entropy to 2
  • As a punishment, I increased the original post required characters to 20 (which was the original default)

07/27/2018

Changes

3 Likes

I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY @gord0

yes

but if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be able to say “no” lol

Is original post the first post in a new thread or first post of a new user. What is entropy?

1 Like

Entropy is a popular Canadian death/grind metal band from Corner Brook, Newfoundland.

It is the first post in a new thread. So the original post requires 20 characters, which I think is OK unless people really run into issues.

Entropy is unique characters. With an entropy of 2 you wouldn’t be able to do “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”

1 Like

Aaaaaaaa!

Aaaaaaaa

I had to see if a space counted as a character. It does! Or does a capital count as unique :thinking:

Aaaaaaa

yes a and A are diff chars. Can’t use all caps or all lowercase or it sets off the error.

1 Like

Obviously capitals are unique. This is on a Linux box.

1 Like

It would be regardless, comes down to string manipulation and they are diff chars regardless of case. It’s the operating systems themselves when it comes to naming files/folders that have different attitudes on case.

Besides, if a forum ignored case, everyone’s posts would always look a little bit off…offER than normal on this forum given the denizens…

AAA.

1 Like

This is funny. AAA results in body seems unclear, but AAA. is OK. Need the punctuation for clarity!

Did some updates today.

2 Likes