Katsuo - July Gamer Challenge

Finished Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter. Fantastic game! It’s probably one of the most underrated games ever. Beautiful visuals, beautiful story and pretty nice puzzles. The only thing that sucks is that I don’t like the gameplay. It’s Telltale-ish mixed with additional QTE. I don’t like Telltale games. But I enjoyed doing puzzles and riddles.

The game is currently 44.99 euros. It’s fairly short (around 13 hours) so it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth or not.

Score: 8/10

Thank you for the game ShiftySatchmo <3

NOTE: If you end up getting the game, keep in mind that the game might feel “stuttery” in the first 10 minutes of gameplay. I had few frame drops at the beginning…rest of the game was 60 fps constantly at 1080p.

All right, installing now :smiley:

2 Likes

katsuo he looks a lot like Harry Potter

4 Likes

syncrosis Your eyes are broken

1 Like

katsuo I got 3 likes for my comment. Perhaps your eyes are broken

1 Like

syncrosis I liked it for comedic value

shiftysatchmo for the record, Milisav liked my comment lol

1 Like

syncrosis You were right. He’s EXACTLY the same as Sherlock.

katsuo honestly Daniel Radcliff does look like him. Look at him now vs Harry Potter yr 1

1 Like

Finished Tales of Cringephonia (again). Pretty damn good game with beautiful storyline. BUT…I absolutely hate the PC port. I don’t mind the 30 fps lock but I absolutely hate the damn bad frame pacing which makes the game look like a freaking slideshow. Luckily there is a community patch which fixes the pacing and removes the 30 fps lock. But still…
I also hate the changes they made in this version. The UI looks uglier and the spell animation is kinda washed out compared to the PS3 version. They also didn’t want to fix the absolutely terrible spirits AI in the Temple of Darkness. I’ve spent 30 minutes just to “convince” the damn spirits to move from one place to another (again).

Overall, as I said, the game is fantastic. Lovable characters, beautiful storyline and cool combat system. Puzzles are interesting (they can be frustrating in some Temples), backtracking sucks real hard but the game rewards you for going through all that nonsense.

I wish I could give this game more than 8/10 but I simply can’t. It just simply misses that Final Fantasy thing feel that I absolutely love. Yes, I’m comparing these 2 series since they are kind of similar.

P.S. The anime cutscenes aren’t updated in this version so it’s still 720p even if you are running the game at high resolution.

katsuo so…if not 8/10 what did you give it XD

shiftysatchmo I wanted to give MORE than 8/10.

1 Like

shiftysatchmo Oh and thanks for TOS. Again xD

1 Like

katsuo these characters look like Harry Potter

1 Like

Finished Assassin’s Creed 3. Great game. Horribly optimized. Great story, great gameplay, nice visuals and nice music. And all that ruined because Le France failed to optimize the game. I think I had all the framerates a person can have. From 1 to 100, name it. I had it.

I will give it 7/10. It would be higher if the game didn’t crash, glitch or stutter like a donkey’s fart. Overall, I enjoyed playing it. The boat missions were definitely the best.
Also, if you plan on buying/playing the game…do it on a console. Not only AC3 runs like shit on PC, it also doesn’t unlock any of the achievements, rewards, actions or club progression. I had a nice chat with the support so they can unlock the actions for me and they did it. But seriously, I don’t plan on chatting with them so they can unlock the damn actions every time I finish a DNA track or sequence. Definitely looking forward to the new AC. I will be also playing the PS+ August AC game. Sooo, can’t wait for that. Here are some pics that I barely managed to take. Kinda hard to screenshot stuff when you are playing a 10 fps game.

katsuo I really enjoyed the time period, but Connor was a big baby. I didn’t like him at all

syncrosis He was a broken man. KInda natural that he was whining and hating about everything haha

Added it to my wishlist.

1 Like

sir_diealot Ah well, I guess you missed it when the game was free on Ubisoft anniversary thing. :’(

katsuo A broken man child stuck inside a broken Ubi game :slight_smile:

1 Like