The multi is dead, spend your money elsewhere :smiley:

1 Like

ButtStallion said in Katsuo - November Gamer Challenge:

The multi is dead, spend your money elsewhere :smiley:

Titanfall 2 \o/

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo For example Titalfall 2 :smiley:

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo The downside of that one is that it’s on Origin. I can’t even login there atm.

1 Like

Finished Final Fantasy Type 0 HD on Agito Difficulty. I can’t decide if this game is good or not. The reason for that is because the game is set in a dark and bloody world and something like that was never in any Final Fantasy game. It’s not a bad thing but…eh, I guess I got used to the happy version of Final Fantasy. This game showed the true colors of war and death and basically the entire game is filled with depression, death, darkness and everything negative. The only laugh from the characters you’ll see is in the ending and even that laugh lasted for a few seconds until the game switched again to the depression mode.
I kinda liked the change but I felt that the dark theme was pushing onto me a bit too much. Leaving me kinda in a meh mood.
The storyline is overall good. Nothing spectacular but definitely not bad. I believe, because the game was originally a PSP game, the game was somewhat limited with the execution of the storyline. I have a feeling that they tried to show us a bit more CGI cutscenes and explain certain parts of the storyline in a bit more pretty way but the PSP couldn’t handle that so they limited everything and left the game kinda empty. There are a lot of scenes that are completely confusing to me and I was questioning myself a lot of times, why the hell did “that” happen or something similar. I wish they made the game for PC or the current gen consoles. I’m pretty sure the game would’ve been much more clear to the players.
Also, they messed around with the Fabula Nova Crystallis a bit too much. They made the l’Cie weaker than the regular humans and that kinda doesn’t make any sense. But nevermind.
The gameplay is obviously influenced by the older Final Fantasy games. The reason for that is because this game was made by Tetsuya Nomura. The guy who made the characters for FF5, 7, 10, XIII-2 and so on. The combat is decent, can be a bit confusing and hard but I had no problems with it. But there is one thing that I absolutely hate in any game and that is the fucking bad camera movement. This game…oh god, this game, I swear, I’ll give a 7/10 score for this game just because the camera is absolute shit. You lock the enemy, kill it and the camera just goes absolute nuts mode. You can’t even fix it in one place. It just goes around like a freaking maniac and it drove me crazy. I almost uninstalled the game because I Was so freaking mad about the camera but somehow I Finished the game.
The “open” world is absolutely empty and consists with few chocobos to catch and with only one big enemy that you can destroy in few hits.
The OST is actually awesome and I’ll be listening to it a bit more on youtube. There’s hardly a FF game that has a bad OST lul.
The overall score, as I said, for this game is 7/10. I can’t give more because the game felt empty and the camera is shit. The idea is good but the PSP limitation raped the game and well, there’s that.
If you planned to buy this game, please buy it on sale. The game in my opinion isn’t worth 25 bucks. 15 would be much better.
Here are some screenies for ya:

1 Like

Finished Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition on Hard. This game deserved the game of the year title. I’ve finished it few times before and it’s definitely worth replaying it another 700 times. It just that good! The only complaint I have is that it’s short and easy. I wish it’s a bit more challenging. Definitely recommend it to everyone. 10/10

2 Likes

Finished Grow Home. Crazy good game. It’s one of the best adventure games I’ve ever played. The controls are a bit clunky at the beginning but you’ll receive crystals and the controls will be normal in time. Unfortunately it’s hella short and you can finish the achievements in 7 hours. I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Finished Lords of the Fallen as a Paladin without doing any side quests and finding collectibles. Few months ago I said that this game is horrible but has a few good things here and there. And today, I’m again confirming that XD
BUT, I will finish the achievements and the Ancient Labyrinth (I think that’s what it’s called) DLC.
This game has one of the worst level designs I’ve ever seen in a dark fantasy game. I feel like the devs tried to copy Dark Souls way too much and they got side-tracked or something and it just didn’t work out. They basically went with the “let’s put a lever in some random place but let’s make it completely obvious where we put it but let’s make it random just in case it’s not random enough” thing. It just doesn’t make any sense. The storyline is just meh and it’s rushed as hell. You can finish the story in around 9 hours. With all the quests (which are pointless and have almost 0 impact in the main storyline or your character in general), it will take your maybe another 2 hours max.
I felt like the story was not only rushed but it had no depth in general. I mean, everything was so freaking unclear to me until the end when Adyr actually explained to me what the real deal is. I mean, what’s the point of killing bosses, mini bosses, lords and dudes like that when they are giving me no freaking story insight and when everything will be only explained at the end of the game?! Imagine reading a book and the first pages are blank and the conclusion of the story is on the page 325. That’s LOTF. The idea could’ve been executed much better.
The gameplay compared to Dark Souls and Bloodborne is extremely slow paced. Dodging, rolling, parrying, backstabbing, attacking face to face…Everything is extremely slow. BUT in a way, I like it. Heavy swords are supposed to be heavy and in this game they ARE actually heavy. Heavy armor is supposed to be heavy and in this game it’s heavy!! Can you believe it?! Every single weapon is slow because, you know, steel and stuff like that. But some weapons are slower than other weapons and I like that. But in some cases, the weapons can sometimes feel way too slow and Harkyn (the main char bearded fella) probably took a dump 20 times in the attack sequence. It doesn’t have to be THAT slow when attacking. There is also a handgun which is gamebreaking and I don’t recommend anyone to use that. You can basically two shot a Lord with that thing.
Also regarding gameplay, the devs tried to copy Dark Souls in terms of difficulty BUT they kinda failed. I mean, the game can be challenging but I feel like there aren’t many enemies that can actually do some serious damage to me. Sometimes the game feels empty and I kept wandering around and dying intentionally just to have a minute of action.
The graphics in this game are amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I wish Dark Souls used this game as an example. It’s so sharp and clear and I really liked it. But not only that, the armor design looked so damn good and basically whatever you’re building on Harkyn, the armor is superb. Another thing I wish Dark Souls used from LOTF. OST is also amazing and I can see myself listening to it for a few times on youtube.
Right now, I’m not sure if I can recommend this game to anyone. It is a game that not everyone can play it to be honest. Not because of the difficulty, it’s because the game has a strange theme and basically if people wanted action in a game, they won’t find it in LOTF. IF you pick it up for a really hardcore sale, then it is worth to spend 10 hours on it.
I hope the devs know where they’ve made the mistakes and I hope they will fix it in the upcoming Lords of the Fallen 2. I can safely say that I’m looking forward to that one.
My final score would be 7/10. Could’ve been better if they focused more on the gameplay and storyline and not just on the visuals but I hope, as I said, that they’ll fix it in the next game.
Here are some screenies:

Katsuo 7/10 is pretty freaking good according to the GX scale

ShiftySatchmo said in Katsuo - November Gamer Challenge:

Katsuo 7/10 is pretty freaking good according to the GX scale

There is a GX scale?? I find 6/10 extremely crappy and 5/10 worse than hell. I guess, I have my own scale xD

ShiftySatchmo Also, 7/10 is average, 8/10 – pretty good, 9/10 — masterpiece, 10/10 — godlike! There, my scale.

1 Like

Katsuo

1 — This is literally a terrible game, I would rather uninstall it than ever open it again.
2 — This is bad, I am only playing out of sheer desire to finish a game.
3 — There are several flaws with this game, poor rating.
4 — Not bad, but definitely wouldn’t be my first choice.
5 — Solid all around. Provides some good entertainment, but nothing terribly memorable. A solid, “meh”.
6 — Very good, a cut above average.
7 — Great, noticeably above average.
8 — Excellent and exceptional.
9 — Incredible, an all-time favorite.
10 — Insurpassable, this is my #1 favorite of all time.

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo I didn’t know about thisssss. I’ll use that then. LOTF is 5/10 then.

2 Likes

Katsuo said in Katsuo - November Gamer Challenge:

ShiftySatchmo I didn’t know about thisssss. I’ll use that then. LOTF is 5/10 then.

Haha yeah it is under the reviews section. I like it because it makes more sense. I think we all get caught up in school grades or something. The scale this way gives you more room to breathe.

1 Like