Latest AMD drivers

Gorkie I like the Andrew option more. I even updated my wishlist because of that.

1 Like

Watch Dogs 2, The Division, and Battlefield 1 fixes as well as a crossfire profile for Dishonored 2 (dx11) : ]

1 Like

gord0 Canā€™t wait to try my crossfired GPUs on these gamesā€¦not

Dang it I installed these and then SOMA crashed! Probably unrelatedā€¦

ShiftySatchmo said in Latest AMD drivers:

No mentions of SOMA in the Known Issues portion of the release notes : /

1 Like

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

Haha yeah just crap luck probably. I didnā€™t get a checkpoint and was at the end of a puzzleā€¦

Haha yeah just crap luck probably. I didnā€™t get a checkpoint and was at the end of a puzzleā€¦

I only ever install beta drivers if they improve the game or game engine or graphics api of the game Iā€™m currently playing. Otherwise I wait for official drivers.

I only ever install beta drivers if they improve the game or game engine or graphics api of the game Iā€™m currently playing. Otherwise I wait for official drivers.

Yeahhh I wasnā€™t sure about starting watch dogs 2 or not

New official release! Lots of goodies and fixes! : ]

Itā€™s sooo beautiful! No bloatware in the installer for the first time in at least 14 years lol!

1 Like

gord0 Nice trainer though! XD

Katsuo said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Nice trainer though! XD

I forget which game I used that for, but Iā€™m keeping it around until it expires because it auto updates and allows you to pick from all the games megatrainer has trainers for. Iā€™ll eventually encounter another bullshit difficulty someday. lol

Back to the topic, if any of you use MSI Afterburner, youā€™ll need to either update to latest version or reinstall. I used it for showing gpu temps in tray and OSD. It stopped working after I installed the latest drivers. Updating to the newest version fixed it.

1 Like

It would also seem that the steam overlay and fps counter no longer work. Steam is quick with updates though. Besides my current game runs at a solid 60 maxed out, so Iā€™m ok with not seeing my fps for a couple days.

Amendment: the steam overlay stopped working with some games, not all.

Weird. I canā€™t get the ReLive overlay to show up for me. Something must be stealing hotkeys.

teh_g said in Latest AMD drivers:

Weird. I canā€™t get the ReLive overlay to show up for me. Something must be stealing hotkeys.

I didnā€™t even try it. I just made sure it was turned off in the control center.

Iā€™m pissing myself laughing over this driver. With my RX 480 I had a cursor corruption on one of my 2 screens that the only work around I had found was to launch the windows magnifier function. Well about a month ago the cursor corruption magically cleared itself. And I see that the latest driver states that they fixed the cursor corruption issue.

Well Iā€™ve updated to the latest drivers & guess what - the corruption is back! Not major as I was working around it, but itā€™s funny seeing how the issue was supposedly fixed.

Additionally I went ahead & ran some benchmarks here on my work PC to see if there were any improvements over the older drivers & Iā€™d say theyā€™re there, but minimal - but Iā€™m likely to be bottlenecked on my CPU (FX-4100 AM3+), so Iā€™m planning on swapping the RX 480 out for either a GTX 950 or an HD 7950 & seeing how it runs with an i7 4770 at home.

Another one just came out. A bunch of fixes, mostly ReLive stuff. Also Dota 2 and Battlfield One stuff.

3 Likes

Another one just came out. A bunch of fixes, mostly ReLive stuff. Also Dota 2 and Battlfield One stuff.

ReLive works very well for me on this latest update. Really enjoy it! I uninstalled Action.

3 Likes