Like a Dragon: Ishin!

So yeah, this isn’t my next game yet, but it’s on the list! A non-Yakuza Yakuza game. It takes place in the 1860s and all the characters in the trailer had the likeness’ of Yakuza characters! So we’re going to get more Kiru, Majima, and most of the bosses too!

2 Likes

So finally, this is my next game! It’s definitely a Yakuza game (beat 'em up style, not rpg). You start off as Kiru but not Kiru. Looks just like Kiru but his name is Ryoma. Just like in the other games you have 4 fighting styles you can toggle between. There’s the familiar brawler but the other 3 are new to Yakuza games. Gunslinger is just as it sounds. You have a pistol only in this mode and you can still parry and dodge. Your pistol has infinite ammo. There’s Swordsman, which also is exactly as it sounds. It’s really lethal, but only in one on one or small groups. Finally there’s Dancer which is my favorite so far. You use both sword and a gun at the same time and are super good at dodging, deflecting, and can instantly transfer to a new target in the middle of a combo and is able to continue the combo. I don’t know for sure, but I think the game will show how the Yakuza started out. It might not though. I’m not googling it so it’s more of a surprise.

It runs super well, but I don’t think it’s the same engine as Yakuza Like a Dragon. That said I’m running it with maxed out settings at 2880p>60 (usually >80, DSR 2160p, DLSS off). It doesn’t support the ps5 controller (possibly not ps4 either). Steam says it will take care of it for you but the game will show xbox on screen controls. Lies. Simply doesn’t work. So I’m using DS4Windows. Super simple app, literally just run, minimize, and forget. You will still have xbox on screen controls though. Oh and keep your thumbs away from the touch pad. DS4Windows interprets that as mouse movement and it will change all your on screen controls to kb+m until the next time you press a button on the controller.

Will post more later!

I bought this one and infinite wealth immediately on launch. I’ll be doing Yakuza marathon soon after finishing Dragon’s Dogma DA. Can’t waitttttttttttt

2 Likes

I bought this and was sad it wasn’t RPG style :smiley:

I need to go back and play it.

1 Like