Mafia Trilogy remaster

I never played these games. Are they any good?

1 is legendary 2 is really good too but not like the first one. i didnt like 3 that much tbh

2 Likes

Does the third one even need a remaster?

well looks like 3rd was so bad they had to remaster? xD

You describe them perfectly. :slight_smile:

cant see much difference actually…well i am waiting for 1 lets see what happens…also

" Mafia 2 and 3 owners in steam will automatically be upgraded to remaster "

Mafia 2

Mafia 3

Finally some gameplay. I am interested but it definitely wont be as good as the original which is still in my top3 games of all time.

1 Like

I know it cant be as good as the original, but who never played it, it is a good time to give it a try.

Played Mafia 1 Definitive Edition. I played the original but only remember enough to know Definitive Edition is very different. But ‘DE’ is definitely fun. Just finished it off on Steam. On the hardest difficulty I had to use mouse for pew pew. But still used gamepad for vroom vroom. Super linear story driven set pieces that almost leave the gorgeous map behind. But there’s a ‘free roam’ mode too. 6~ outta 10 maybe?

4 Likes

Agree, no more than 6. I really don’t like how they altered the characters in some chapters. This caused them to change in personalities and motivation. Also, quite a lot of side content was cut without apparent reasons. No railroad trips, seriously? You can use public transport in a 20-year-old original game, but not in the remake? Lazy!

It might be a decent game if you haven’t played the original, but it is a mediocre remake.