Middle Mouse button stopped working

So all of a sudden the middle click stopped working. I tried all sorts of things, like restarting the PC for starters, downloading and re-installing the drivers, running virus and malware checks, even using third party programs. The mouse works on another PC, so it’s definitely not hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am on Windows 10 just so you know. The mouse is the Coolermaster CM Storm. Thank you in advance!

Hmm Coolermaster CM Storm which model?

Check for solution here
link text

1 Like

I’ve had this happen on countless mice ever since switching to Win 10. This is the only issue I’ve come across that I can recall. It normally just sorts itself out, though with my M65 I did have to switch the USB port in use before I could get it to work again :confused: pain in the ass but hope you get it sorted.

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 Tried that as well yesterday, even taking everything out, let it rest for a while and then plug everything in. I’ve switched to every port that is available and still nothing. The middle button seems unresponsive.

Does the mouse use profiles & button mapping (for instance CMStorm Inferno)? Have you accidentally swapped to a profile with the middle mouse mapped to be off or some other non-obvious function?

Sgt_T8ie I am 100% certain no :wink: It was working just fine until all of a suddenly stopped. The PC was on all this time, so that’s even more weird!

Alex Fair enough - just though it was weird, so it was more like an accidental profile switch - I’d done it on my Inferno back in the day, tried to play Witcher using my Torchlight settings… about 75% were the same, but remain staionary & dodge (I think) were the same button.

1 Like

Did you try it on another machine to make sure it didn’t die? I confess I didn’t read eveything.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I did good sir, it works just fine there! Though that one is on Windows 7, which leaves me to believe it’s from there something.

1 Like

Alex must be a driver issue

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I have installed and re-installed the drivers twice already (for mouse, motherboard, USB) and still nothing :frowning:

Alex did you try removing the device from the manager, rebooting and plugging it back in?

1 Like

Alex as a last ditch effort you might want to try a windows 10 repair install

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Aye, I have also tried what you suggested. As for the windows 10 repair… I want to exhaust all other solution that I might have before I deal with that.

Thank you everyone for your help! It’s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Alex yeah it isn’t so bad to do really and I know it can help if nothing else does

And my mouse is officially dead! Yay! Thankfully I do have an old one to replace it for now, but I really have to get something decent soon; I am way too used to a few extra buttons that this one is killing me. Unfortunately, it will be a while until I am able to get it, as a few bills came out… And I still need to get that bloody webcam I need for work…

But still, thanks to everybody that helped me out with this!

1 Like