MyLifeForAiur October Gamer Challenge

I beat Turok on PC. I’ve been playing the game off and on since August but this is the month I finally beat it. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Even though I never owned an N64 myself a lot of my friends did and I was able to get some decent play time into this game as a youngin’. Not sure if I could recommend it to anyone who has never played it before because I don’t think it has aged well but it was none the less a great nostalgia trip.

I beat Hitman season one. Hitman was one of my favourite franchises growing up. This game is easily the best one in the series, toppling my old favourite blood money. This game brought back everything that made blood money so great but did it in a more advanced time in gaming. Making it a much more realistic world with fully voiced people walking around and interacting (People talking in blood money was very rare, made for a quiet world). It also has some of the most inventive ways to take down your targets. Some of my personal favourite were Kicking a target into a natural hot spring while pretending to be her Yoga instructor, switching a targets golf ball with an explosive golf ball and blowing him up, and destroying a patients new heart while he was in the middle of open heart surgery. This game is amazing it also has a bunch of challenges and kept the contracts mode from Absolution (probably the only part of that game I liked). All and all this game was an absolute treat to play from start to finish. I guess I’ll have to finish some of the challenges now because I still need my Hitman fix.

3 Likes

mylifeforaiur I loved the demo. I’m not usually a fan of stealth games but the demo was so freaking awesome. Especially that jet assassination. It was hilarious xD

1 Like

katsuo haha I know what you mean. Launching him into the air was hilarious I remember being super excited to play through the game after that kill.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur I was also excited to play through the game after that kill…but then the demo ended.

1 Like

When is hitman finally going to be done? They’ve been doing “episodes” and “seasons” for a while. I just want a full game I can throw money at.

gord0 The first season is done. The second season is currently being developed and I read somewhere that the devs will announce some news about it very soon. Expect it to be a standalone game. Feel free to throw the money at the first season since it’s complete :wink:

1 Like

gord0 The first season is done. I would say its pretty much a full game. Story ends on a cliffhanger but the story is trash in Hitman anyways. It’s just an excuse to travel around the world killing people.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur said in MyLifeForAiur October Gamer Challenge:

gord0 The first season is done. I would say its pretty much a full game. Story ends on a cliffhanger but the story is trash in Hitman anyways. It’s just an excuse to travel around the world killing people.

Then I shall give it a try after owlboy.

1 Like

Did you beat Hellblade yet? I know you just bought it so…

syncrosis Haven’t played it yet. My internet is garbage says 1 day and 4 hours remaining. Have you played it? Is it a intentionally scary game. Would I benefit from playing at alone at night?

mylifeforaiur You are asking him the wrong questionssss

1 Like

katsuo I prefer to play scary games in the dark at night makes it scarier which is what I’m going for. Do you think I should play it that way? I’m not sure how scary its going to be is all. It looks like a horror game but it also kinda looks like a dark souls style of game. If its more dark souls and less poop your pants horror than I’ll probably just play it during the day. Horror games take me forever to finish because of the time restraints I set on myself.

It’s amazing. play asap regardless of day or night!

mylifeforaiur It’s not a horror game. It is creepy, yeah but you won’t be scared or anything like that. It’s really hard to describe this game as it’s something unique and beautiful. Just play the game with your headphones on and don’t worry about pooping your pants, combat or whatever. Also, make sure you listen to all lorestones in the game. The stories are really good. If I were you, I would take day off from work and play Hellblade the whole day.

2 Likes

katsuo I might have to take a day off of work actually. My car has been struggling to start and I’m expecting the worst when I bring it in today.

mylifeforaiur If it’s a Ford, you can bring it straight to the junkyard xD

1 Like

mylifeforaiur expect the best… a day off playing Hellblade is beautiful

2 Likes

If surround sound is an option for you, definately use it.

1 Like

Katsuo No sir its an Audi.

sYnCroSis Turns out it was the fuel filter. Guy changed it already so no day off. Well no legit reason for a day off.

gord0 I got simulated or pseudo surround sound with a 7.1 surround sound headset. Otherwise my speakers are only stereo.

1 Like