MyLifeForAiur September Gamer Challenge

I guess I’ll kick off September right by starting my gaming challenge on the 1st of the month.

As you can probably already tell I beat Sonic Mania. This game was a blast from the past. It’s just like the old sonic games I played as a kid on the genesis. The game is a mix of reworked old levels and new levels. The reworked levels are great. They bring back nostalgia and are made slightly easier so that you can fly through the levels in true sonic fashion. Took about 3 hours to complete but I’m probably going to play through it a couple more times. Loved this game!!

Finished Shadow of Mordor. This game was amazing. It’s more or less an Arkham rehash but in middle earth. The shining feature though is the nemesis system where you can turn Uruks on your side and help them through the ranks. You also build strong enemies if one of the captains happens to kill you. Those features alone made the game a crazy amount of fun even when not playing any missions at all.

I’m undecided about if I should 100% or not because I have A LOT of games to get through. I just had that much fun with it.

3 Likes

Finished Kirby Planet Robobot. I didn’t take any photos of it on my 3ds so here is a picture of some in game stickers you could collect to stick on the side of your battle mech.

I enjoyed this game a lot. If you have played a kirby game at any point you know the formula. It hasn’t changed since the original gameboy days. You play as Kirby the little pink blob that sucks up his enemies to take their abilities as his own. The unique part of this game is that fairly early on Kirby will get a giant mech to ride around in. Surprise surprise the mech has the same ability as Kirby himself. It can upload the abilities of its enemies. The abilities it learns are different than the ones Kirby learns though. The different move sets adds to the variety the game offers. Kirby is usually known as a rather easy series. This game did have its moments where multi phase boss battles seemed rather hard. After dying I realized that they do start you at the beginning of the level again but whenever you get past the first room (you get a healing item and some abilities to choose from) it will start you off on the phase you died on. This was pretty much necessary for the final boss which had 4 phases to fight through. All and all I was surprised with how challenging the game was even though it wasn’t really too hard at all.

1 Like

I beat Mario Tennis as Mario. This game is very similar to Mario Tennis that I played as a kid on the N64. Which is a good thing because I enjoyed that game a lot. Most notable difference is that now you have glowing areas with a colour associated to it when your opponent hits the ball towards your side. If you stand in the glowing area and line up the correct shot for the colour (e.g. red area = a, blue = b, yellow = a+b, purple = y, and white = b+a) you will do a more powerful version of the shot. At first this made the game a lot harder for me but once you put all the colours to memory it becomes a lot easier to play. All and all its a great game like most things Nintendo.

Just beat Shadow of Mordor Lord of the Hunt DLC. Lord of the hunt was story DLC for shadow of Mordor. It took place on the second half of the map from the original game and added to the story of the Dwarf Torvin. All and all I thought it was a fun piece of DLC. It was based mostly on taming just about every creature in the game along with some new variations of creatures from the base game. I’m glad to have more content for this game because it’s such a great game.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur yeah I best the base game on PS4 and bought it on PC nto too long ago so I can play again with dlc. Looking forward to iiiit

1 Like

mylifeforaiur I find the DLCs much better than the main game.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I’ve got the next big piece to start. The first one is good. It has some interesting missions for killing the beast masters. Collecting Torvin’s journal entries are also worth it, for me anyways since I enjoy the story a lot.

Katsuo The Lord of the Hunt DLC was good for sure. I think I liked the base game a little more though because my main way of playing was stealth. I never really dominated beasts much. Though I will say being able to stealth while mounting the Caragath was awesome. Only downside was if a line or Uroks where walking you couldn’t sneak up and stealth kill them all like normal. The caragath would lunge forward and the people in front of him would all see you.

mylifeforaiur I only played base game still one of the best games I have ever played :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a bit of story left. These days I’ll finish it. :smiley:

1 Like

I live in Mordor and found the game factually accurate, therefore would play again…

1 Like

syncrosis Mordor is second name for Bosnia and Herzegovina XD

2 Likes

walruswitalys Chernobyl

1 Like

walruswitalys Isn’t that Romania? :stuck_out_tongue: At least here :smiley:

buttstallion Romania doesn’t really look like Mordor to be honest hmmm

1 Like

New topic created to discuss where we are from. I left some of the stuff here that doesn’t fit there and I deleted some stuff that wouldn’t make sense in either spot now.

https://gamingexodus.com/topic/2617/where-do-you-come-from

2 Likes

Finished the Shadow of Mordor Bright lord DLC. This DLC was great. A lot like the base game but with much harder captains and war chiefs. The added challenge is offset by the fact that you have the one ring. It allows you to go a certain amount of time being completely invisible and you have the ability to do all types of finishers and unlimited use of fire arrows. The DLC was great everything about it was awesome. Even the sad but completely expected ending.

3 Likes

Stop beating games, you make me feel bad about my backlog!

4 Likes

syncrosis I know the feeling. I keep buying games to play later then wonder why because my back catalog is already too large as it is. Or I feel it when I spend an entire week playing something with no end like Overwatch.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur YOU KNOW NOTHING! NOTHINGGGGGGGGGG! STOP BEATING GAMES!

2 Likes