New Laptop

I have a terrible Surface pro 3 from 6 years ago or something so I decided to get a new laptop. Here are the specs.

Alienware M15

Alienware m15

Processor

9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (6-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.5Ghz w/Turbo Boost)

Operating System

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English

Video Card

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB GDDR6 with Max-Q Design

Memory

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

Hard Drive

512GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

LCD

15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz Anti-Glare IPS, 300-nits, 72% NTSC color gamut, Narrow-Border

Power Supply

240W Power Adaptor

Wireless

Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0

Primary Battery

90 WHr, 6-Cell Battery (integrated)

2 Likes

I almost bought a crappier one for more money last week and then this one went on sale today for $950 off. Glad I waited.

1 Like

Don’t cha hate it when the parts list has junk that means nothing? lol It would never have occured to me that your laptop had a processor. Er wait I might be drunk. Might be a shit paste job lol

1 Like

Haha it’s just bad pasting but I am too lazy to make it pretty.

Close to mine:

Indeed! Seemed like a solid laptop for 1080 @144

It’s nice to be able to play real games on the go.

1 Like

Can you do a test for me?

My laptop fails to connect to smart tvs. Plug into a monitor, no prob. Smart tv, nothing.

Will do once I get it. I ordered today.

I noticed in on my bros tv and my friends tv over christmas break but was too high or drunk to troubleshoot… and at home I only have monotors…

Whats the refresh rate on your laptop and TV? The rates have to match. Some laptops lower the refresh rate automatically to match the TVs. For example, the MSI laptops have locked refresh rate settings and you can forget about lowering it.

My laptop is 1080p144 my secondary monitor is 1440p60 and I connect to that no prob. My bro’s tv is 1080p60 and my friend’s tv is 4k120.

Had the same trouble with several TV in hotels. Problem was always that in the advanced graphic settings the refresh rate was set to 59hz and not to 60hz. After I changed that manually it worked fine.
Had the problem with my notebook from work, maybe it is the same problem for you.

The refresh rate has to be equal on both sides. Hack either TV or laptop to set the refresh rate xD

That doesn’t make sense though. My 1440p monitor works fine and is 60hz. My laptop monitor is 144hz.

Finallyyyyyyy

2 Likes

I like it! For Forza Horizon 4 I got 105 fps on the ultra preset @1080p and 90 on fully maxed out. Not bad at all for a laptop. Plugged in of course.

2 Likes