New NES Console (what?!)

Nintendo Announces New NES Console http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/14/nintendo-announces-new-nes-console?

Kinda like it, but at the same time makes me wanna road trip to my parents attic and get my original from 80’s NES and the 100+ games I had for it that I totally forgot about.

1 Like

I will buy the crap out of it.

1 Like

teh_g said in New NES Console (what?!):

I will buy the crap out of it.

I will too, obviously. For $60 it’s like why not?

ShiftySatchmo It also conveniently comes out before my birthday :wink:

1 Like

Already have one and I have a SNES as well. I’m rich.

2 Likes

Damn Nintendo, why are you doing this to me?

1 Like

I might buy one of those controllers for my Wii U! Me likey those. But I still got my original NES and virtual console already. Not to mention ROMs. Will need further details about further game releases before I dive in. Cool concept. Some choice box packaging too, well done.

Bah, since literally any device in 2016 can run a nes emulator and can use bluetooth or usb to connect a controller… I don’t see myself getting this.

1 Like

gord0 I like to be legit when I can is all. I also like the looks of a mini NES. It’s adorbs

1 Like

Nintendo NES Classic Cannot Download Virtual Console Games http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/14/nintendo-nes-classic-cannot-download-virtual-console-games?

ShiftySatchmo said in New NES Console (what?!):

gord0 I like to be legit when I can is all. I also like the looks of a mini NES. It’s adorbs

Think of it this way. If you bought an nes cart and a real nes, nintendo makes zero money. They don’t care if you emulate games/hardware not sold on stores.

1 Like

gord0 said in New NES Console (what?!):

ShiftySatchmo said in New NES Console (what?!):

Think of it this way. If you bought an nes cart and a real nes, nintendo makes zero money. They don’t care if you emulate games/hardware not sold on stores.

I’m down with supporting cool things like this.

gord0 that’s only true if every game you emulate isn’t available through them digitally.

1 Like