new theme?

gord0 said in new theme?:

ButtStallion said in new theme?:

gord0 Yeah, happened to me as well sometimes :smiley: Cyborg is looking good and more importantly consumes less energy, total win-win situation :smiley:

less energy?

Depending on the monitor, some can shut off the backlight in areas with true black.

1 Like

teh_g said in new theme?:

ButtStallion said in new theme?:

gord0 Yeah, happened to me as well sometimes :smiley: Cyborg is looking good and more importantly consumes less energy, total win-win situation :smiley:

less energy?

Depending on the monitor, some can shut off the backlight in areas with true black.

ah

ShiftySatchmo said in new theme?:

I use a blazingly white theme because I actually strain my eyes more with a black background.

My eyes are on fire when I log in to Facebook or open the writing thingy here on GX. I wish the writing thingy is also dark. Hell, I wish everything is dark in this world.
Iā€™m actually impressed how your eyes arenā€™t in flames. Maybe they are?

1 Like

Katsuo said in new theme?:

ShiftySatchmo said in new theme?:

I use a blazingly white theme because I actually strain my eyes more with a black background.

My eyes are on fire when I log in to Facebook or open the writing thingy here on GX. I wish the writing thingy is also dark. Hell, I wish everything is dark in this world.
Iā€™m actually impressed how your eyes arenā€™t in flames. Maybe they are?

I might be able to sort that outā€¦ depends on how lazy I am after I read whatā€™s at that link^

1 Like

gord0 Ayyyyy!
Make everything dark and depressive like the Chasm of the Abyss in Dark Souls \o/

I like the new theme things seem to be even more easily readable. Nice choice :slight_smile:

Katsuo said in new theme?:

gord0 Ayyyyy!
Make everything dark and depressive like the Chasm of the Abyss in Dark Souls \o/

I donā€™t know why the composer does not take the dark themes. I can ask them though.

1 Like

gord0 The way the forum works, it is all one theme. If the theme allows, skins can be added. The skins are essentially just recolors using CSS I assume.

I would be shit at making a theme, but feel free to poke around! https://nodebb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/themes/create.html

I might muck about tomorrow.

Yeah, too lazy lol. Donā€™t feel like installing nodebb just to tweak a theme.

I would really like to keep Cyborg myself. I honestly donā€™t understand what the changes are other than nasty white.

I use the ā€œCosmoā€ skin and it works fines for me. When it comes to reading, I like my backgrounds bright.

schlitty said in new theme?:

I use the ā€œCosmoā€ skin and it works fines for me. When it comes to reading, I like my backgrounds bright.

I imagine your main job isnā€™t computer relatedā€¦ coding day in and day out your eyes would start to bleed with a bright color scheme.

gord0 I got the blue-ish filter on my glasses, it helps A TON with the eye strain from bright screens.

gord0 I got the blue-ish filter on my glasses, it helps A TON with the eye strain from bright screens.

I too have the computer glasses that filter out the blue light and yes I agreeā€¦ it helps A TON, highly recommend them for everybody, eyekepper on NewEgg has cheap ones for all.

I have them toooo. But I hate the bright stuff anyway. What can I say. I loooooooove darknessssss

Iā€™ll just keep things dark and not buy glasses. Plus the glasses would muck things up when color accuracy matters.

Iā€™m on a desktop ā€œ24/7ā€ and most of it involves reading. I just take breaks and prefer white. Never have had eye strain issues (edit: I donā€™t have glasses either). :shrug:

gord0 Check out the repo for the theme: https://github.com/pichalite/nodebb-theme-slick

You can look at how the Dark theme is implemented and see what calls need to be changed to add additional colors there. I think this is the commit that put dark in: https://github.com/pichalite/nodebb-theme-slick/commit/b3dddcae9127e7ddfefe2bafb4835661195b3f22

gord0 Check out the repo for the theme: GitHub - pichalite/nodebb-theme-slick: Slick theme for NodeBB

You can look at how the Dark theme is implemented and see what calls need to be changed to add additional colors there. I think this is the commit that put dark in: Dark skin option Ā· pichalite/nodebb-theme-slick@b3dddca Ā· GitHub

Will take a look tomorrow.

1 Like

gord0 Check out the repo for the theme: GitHub - pichalite/nodebb-theme-slick: Slick theme for NodeBB

You can look at how the Dark theme is implemented and see what calls need to be changed to add additional colors there. I think this is the commit that put dark in: Dark skin option Ā· pichalite/nodebb-theme-slick@b3dddca Ā· GitHub

itā€™s actually quite simple. #fff or #ffffff is white. #000 or #000000 is black . This will let you generate everything inbetween: hex color - Google Search