Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered

Sooo I finished this game. Very well made JRPG. Also it’s the most innocent and pure and insert non dirty word here game I’ve ever played. It’s very Studio Ghibli-like in terms of story and animations. Everything is so well crafted except the combat and the English sub. Combat is something you would see in Pokemon but kinda simplified. Tons of spells that look the same and that’s what makes the combat repetitive. It’s not bad but it’s definitely not why I enjoyed playing this game. For some reason they messed up translations. Changed the names of pretty much everyone and made them be more “child-like” if that’s a thing. As if the name Myrthle instead of Cherry changes the PG rating or something so they had to do it. Not a big deal but it also makes no sense. I was also impressed how high quality the animations were on this Remaster. QLOC did an amazing job there.

Overall, I recommend this game to every JRPG fan who wants to play something without seeing edgy characters, blood, gore and whatever the modern games have.

7/10

Thanks @ShiftySatchmo for the gift. Great game and you should finish it as well.

2 Likes

One fine day. How long did it take you

20ish hours. I haven’t done these side quests because they are some random fetch quests that felt useless. So I just skipped most of them haha.

1 Like

That is good to know. I started it on Switch and was worried it would take forever.