Onimusha Remaster

4 Likes

I guess, my money goes to samurai games in 2019. Very happy.

What are the controls like? Looks like it has high jank potential given the age of the original.

Fairly tanky. It’s an old Capcom game after all.

But maybe they remastered the controls too

Hope so.

The PC Gamer article says it adds analog stick controls. Which it definitely did not have in the original. Love this series but I’ve never been able to bring myself to replay the first one because of the controls. The graphics and cinematics were so intense when I was 16 years old… haha. Sadly it looks more like a port than a remaster but I will definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Just finished the game. Fantastic game. It’s a port and not a remaster. You won’t see any high res textures anywhere. I don’t mind it to be honest. You can also choose between the tank controls or the analog controls which is pretty cool. The only difference is that the game is “zoomed in” due to it being 16:9 aspect ratio. They fixed that by adding extra camera angles so it doesn’t feel ridiculous to play. Overall, I’m super happy I played this. Took me 4 hours to beat it and that’s why I’m recommending you to buy this on sale. Full price if you want to support Capcom further. Thanks @ShiftySatchmo for the game. I hope there will be more Onimusha ports or even new games in the future. I want to finish the franchise. 9/10 from me

3 Likes