PC Gamer's Top 100 - What's yours top 10?

jCARS Don’t freaking copy the post from ShiftySatchmo XD

2 Likes

Katsuo I just noticed it said PC games oops haha. Oh well!

ShiftySatchmo I mentioned Bayonetta and that one is a console exclusive so you’ve done fine! PC Gamer is just a “magazine” or whatever you call the dudes that write stuff about games.

There are so many great games … so this is not so easy …
Here are 10 of my most favorite games ever:

Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Mass Effect 2 (PC)
Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
The Witcher 1 (PC)
Alan Wake (PC)
The Last of Us (PS3/4)
Final Fantasy VIII (PC)
Telltale Games (if I have to decide for only one, than The Walking Dead - Season 1) (PC)

3 Likes

PeaceLeon I like 4 games from your list. It’s a good list. Damn good list!

So hard to pick from. There are more then 10. Well, here is the list of PC games.

1. Wing Commander
  2. UFO: Enemy Unknown
  3. Dune 2: The Building of a Dynasty
  4. Jagged Alliance
  5. Baldur’s Gate
  6. Freelancer
  7. Diablo
  8. Legacy of Kain: Soulreaver
  9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  10. Tachyon: The Fringe

Yup I’m nostalgic, and old. XD

2 Likes

Zmajuga Your “old” part is pretty much on point haha
I almost forgot about Legacy of Kain. Nosgoth was a good game. They should’ve done a campaign thing to continue that Legacy of Kain IMO. But what’s has been done…

Always ever evolving but I’ll try to go off the top of my head…

Asterisk filled ‘all time’ purely PC top 10;

1. HL1
  2. StarCraft*
  3. Soldier of Fortune 2: Multiplayer**
  4. TFC*
  5. MoH:AA + Expansions**
  6. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine*
  7. Sonic CD***
  8. HL2
  9. Monster Truck Madness 2**
  10. The TALOS Principle or F1 2013 (best recent new IP experience and game that made me buy a racing wheel)
    *SC and TFC I haven’t replayed recently and probably don’t plan on revisiting ever again. Basically pure nostalgia picks.
    **MoH and MTM2 I have revisited recently and would again. Indy I have not, but pray to the heavens every day it gets added to GOG.com so I can.
    **Kind of a technicality as I first enjoyed Sonic CD on SEGA CD but the PC port is a work of love and nearly exact but def gets a bump because of my growing up with it on console.

All platforms, all time top 10;

1. Tetris (NES)
  2. HL1 (PC)
  3. Mario Kart Doubledash (GameCube)
  4. Sonic CD (SEGACD/PC)
  5. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
  6. Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
  7. StarCraft (PC)
  8. Soldier of Fortune 2: Multiplayer (PC)
  9. Oregon Trail (Think it was Apple II’s in the school computer lab)
  10. Wii Sports - The golfing part (Wii), GOLF (NES), Hot Shots Golf 3 (PS2), Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis), or maybe NCAA Football 08 (PS3) Just because of pure hours played

Modern era and currently playing PC games top 10 (I only play PC these days);

1. HL1 always by default :wink:
  2. Automobilista Motorsports Simulator
  3. The Long Dark
  4. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  5. The TALOS Principle
  6. F1 2013
  7. Mount & Blade: Warband
  8. Rogue Legacy
  9. Valkyria Chronicles
  10. Spintires, Hand of Fate, Portal, Risk of Rain

Well I guess I got carried away…

2 Likes

Katsuo said in PC Gamer's Top 100 - What's yours top 10?:

Sgt_T8ie How can you not like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Dark Soulssssssss?? :cry:

Hahaha maybe I was a bit too harsh… I like those games, just not as much as you :heartbeat: do.

1 Like

schlitty Dat list!!! I’m so glad you mentioned Mario Kart Doubledash. I was playing that game on my GameCube with my neighbor literally every day and night like crazy. Then we got drunk and that idiot neighbor accidentally dropped the disc into a hot oven. That was the last time I’ve used my GameCube.
Also, Valkyria Chronicles. That game is a masterpiece. One of the best WW2 strategy JRPGs. Apparently there will be a sequel somewhere in 2017, I believe! Great list!

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in PC Gamer's Top 100 - What's yours top 10?:

Katsuo said in PC Gamer's Top 100 - What's yours top 10?:

Sgt_T8ie How can you not like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Dark Soulssssssss?? :cry:

Hahaha maybe I was a bit too harsh… I like those games, just not as much as you :heartbeat: do.

Okaaay, fine! I’ll accept that as an answer!

1 Like

Katsuo My brother and I have been playing Doubledash pretty much once a month since the game came out. Serious competition goes on! Haha. How could someone drop such a precious game into a oven!!!

schlitty He thought that the disc is an actually pizzeta. Pizzeta is a really small chibi version of a pizza. He was hungry and drunk so he put the “pizzeta” into the oven and voila! He almost burned the house down hahah. Yeah he’s a complete moron XD

1 Like

This is hard: here are mine in no specific order.

Metal Gear Solid
Bastion
Final Fantasy IX
Tomb Raider 2013
World of Warcraft
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Kingdom Hearts 2
Persona 4
Batman: Arkham City
Silent Hill 3

2 Likes