Pokemon Legends: Arceus

https://legends.pokemon.com

I started this game recently. It’s pretty much everything I ever wanted a Pokemon game to be! About time. It will probably take me years to beat.

I watched some of the gameplay on twitch. Trying to figure out what’s new in this one. Explain it to meee

Just shut up and buy it

Tell me!!!1

I dunno there’s a lot. You have quest lists like a real RPG. You level up based on research you do and such. You sneak around and throw pokeballs at pokemon. When you battle you throw the pokeball with the one you want to use out and while you command it you can run around and stuff still. Pokemon can attack you too and knock you out and you have to dodge and such. You can craft items instead of having to constantly go back to towns to buy things. You can swap moves instead of having to choose ones to forget. It’s faster combat and messaging. You can ride pokemon around. Lots of stuff.

This is the best Pokemon game I’m a decade. I’d say the last that made me this full of joy in the mainline games were Heart Gold / Soul Silver.

1 Like

I’ve been playing for a couple days. Don’t like it. Dunno why, just not fun. I’m moving on. I also thought since it’s not a port or a remaster that it would look at least good being that it’s first party. Looks like original Wii on a half-assed day. Can barely maintain 30fps, drops below that often. Also don’t bother with switch online because there’s no cloud saves. I bought used physical and I’m too lazy to sell it. My only solace is that nintendo got $0 from me.

I really liked it at first but after several hours I just got kind of bored. It’s weird because it’s not soooo different from other Pokemon games. Maybe the open world combined with how basic the Pokemon formula is just doesn’t work. It’s just not interesting to explore. I prefer the linear ones. I do like a lot of the new mechanics though. Maybe I’ll finish it in 10 years or something.

I felt the same way. Like the core concept is good and I hope they keep the more open world style where you are Pokemon in the overworld, but I want them to be better than Arceus was…